Besides the feel-good sunshine and warmer temps, the abundance of fresh produce ranks right up there as one of my favorite parts of summer. I love the variety and stellar quality of the fruits and veggies that summer has to offer.
One thing I’m not so fond of are the teeny, tiny little fruit flies that occasionally find their way into my kitchen. I bring the produce home, give it a good wash and sometimes the hitchhikers rear their ugly little heads a few days later. Maddening, right?!
If you’ve ever had fruit flies you know how frustrating the little buggers can be. My Friday Free For All share today will help you rid your kitchen of the little pests in a matter of days. The best part? You most likely have the ingredients for the Homemade Fruit Fly Trapper in your kitchen right now.
Enticed by the scent of the fermented apple cider vinegar, the fruit flies make their way into the bowl through the small opening in the plastic wrap. Once in the bowl, they are trapped and unable to escape. In my experience, it takes 24-48 hours to get rid of the little pests. Problem solved, easy peasy.
HOMEMADE FRUIT FLY TRAPPER
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2-3 drops liquid dish soap
small square of plastic wrap
1. Pour apple cider vinegar in a small bowl (I use a 6 oz. Pyrex ramekin bowl).
2. Add 2 – 3 drops of liquid dish soap. Give it a little stir.
3. Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap.
4. Cut a small (1/2 inch-ish) slit in the plastic wrap.
5. Place near your fruit bowl (or wherever the fruit flies are hanging out).
This post may contain an affiliate link(s). If you choose to click on the link and/or make a purchase, I may be paid a small amount which helps to support this website. All opinions are my own.
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 drops liquid dish soap
- small square of plastic wrap
- Pour apple cider vinegar in a small bowl (I use a 6 oz. Pyrex ramekin bowl).
- Add 2 - 3 drops of liquid dish soap. Give it a little stir.
- Cover the bowl tightly with plastic wrap.
- Cut a small (1/2 inch-ish) slit in the plastic wrap.
- Place near your fruit bowl (or wherever the fruit flies are hanging out).