I’m participating in a two week Pantry Challenge with Good Cheap Eats. I do this to use what we have on hand, reduce waste and hopefully save a little money. Contrary to what my Teens will think at the end of the Challenge, I am NOT doing this to torture my family.
You can view all of my Pantry Challenge posts HERE.
Day Two was a mixed bag, but it is what it is. Here’s the low down on how the meals went down.
- Breakfast – Pizza for The Boy, toast for me and nothing for The Girl (I think she was too nervous to eat before her first day of volunteering at Chip).
- Lunch – Once again, I have no idea what they ate during the day. They are Teens, so I’m confident they didn’t go hungry.
- Late Lunch/Pre-Dinner – I have no idea what to call this “meal” but there was a decent amount of eating going on at 4:30 p.m. Ham & Cheese sandwich for The Boy, leftover Malibu Melt Wrap for The Girl and I had a leftover Chicken Tinga Tostada. I still have quite a bit of Chicken Tinga meat leftover so I think I’ll freeze some for a later meal. While it may seem counterproductive to a pantry challenge, it’s better than wasting the meat. I’ve posted my modified Chicken Tinga Tostada recipe HERE.
- Late Dinner – The Boy and HH had Wendy’s after football. HH said The Boy was “starving” after football (it was 9:00) and he caved to fast food when he realized The Girl and I were at the movie.
- Snacks – mango smoothies, fruit, cheese, movie theater popcorn.
So, are you ready to join the Summer 2014 Pantry Challenge? If you are, I would love to hear about your progress. Post your progress or any questions you have in the Comments. I’ll do my best to answer. Happy Eating!!!