Loose Meat Sliders
These Loose Meat Sliders are one of my go-to ground beef recipes when I'm looking for an easy meal. Cheeseburger sliders are also a great choice for entertaining and can be used for party appetizers, too.
Servings: 12 sliders
- 1 pound lean ground beef 93 or 96%
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Montreal steak seasoning
- 12 slider buns
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 12 slices American cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Pickle slices
- Tomato slices
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add ground beef, onions & Montreal seasoning. Cook until meat is cooked through, breaking up meat while cooking (use a meat chopper). Drain the grease. While the meat is cooking, cut the slider buns in half horizontally. Set the bun tops aside. Line a 9x13 casserole dish with parchment paper and spritz with non-stick spray. Place bottom buns in the casserole dish, cut side up.
Place 6 slices of cheese over the bottom buns. Layer with the ground beef mixture and top with remaining 6 slices of cheese.
Spread mayonnaise over the cut side of the top buns and place on top of sliders.
Brush melted butter over buns and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cheese is melted. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
- Use a meat chopper to get the fine crumble you see in a Maid Rite sandwich.
- Use Brioche buns, Hawaiian rolls or slider buns.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- To reheat, wrap sliders in a paper towel and microwave for 30 seconds; continue in 15 second intervals until hot. Use a microwave plate cover if you have one - it keeps the buns nice & soft.
- Recipe can be doubled.
- If you don't have Montreal Steak seasoning, you can substitute with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt.
Calories: 244kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 48mg | Sodium: 399mg | Potassium: 166mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 234IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 252mg | Iron: 2mg