Summer Roll with Peanut Sauce
These Summer Rolls are light and refreshing, perfect for the warmer months. Serve with our homemade peanut sauce for the perfect no bake appetizer, main dish or light lunch.
Servings: 8 rolls
- 8 rice wrappers
- 8 ounces rice noodles or vermicelli rice noodles prepared
- 8 leaves baby bok choy
- 1 cup carrots julienned
- 1 cup cucumbers julienned
- 1 cup red or green cabbage shredded
- 1 cup bell peppers any color, julienned
- ½ cup radishes thinly sliced
- ½ cup pea pods
- 8 mint leaves
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- ½ teaspoon chili paste or sriracha, more if you like it spicy
- 2 tablespoons sugar maple syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- Dash of fish sauce optional
Prep vegetables by cutting into thin sticks, shredding cabbage and slicing radishes.
Add rice noodles to bowl of hot water, preparing according to package directions.
Fill a large pie plate with warm water. Place a rice wrapper on a wrapper tray and dip in warm water for 10-15 seconds (see notes for how to prepare without the tray). Leaving the wrap on the tray, lightly tap on a towel to remove excess moisture.
Add noodles and any vegetables you like to the lower half of the wrapper.
Begin rolling by pulling bottom edge of wrapper over vegetable,. Fold in sides & roll tightly.
Serve immediately with peanut sauce.
- This recipe is versatile - adjust veggies based on your preferences.
- Add shredded chicken or sliced shrimp for a heartier version.
- You can sub almond or sun butter for peanut butter if you prefer.
- Prep veggies before you start making the rolls. Thin slices work best.
- Don't overstuff the wrapper or it will tear.
- Best eaten fresh, but can be stored for up to 24 hours. Wrap individually in plastic wrap before storing in the refrigerator.
- How to make without the wrapper trays: dip rice wrapper in warm water for 10-15 seconds, making sure to hold the edges down so they don't curl up. Remove wrapper and place on a kitchen towel. Gently pat to remove excess moisture.
Serving: 1Roll | Calories: 324kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 606mg | Potassium: 314mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3434IU | Vitamin C: 34mg | Calcium: 44mg | Iron: 2mg