Pumpkin Oat Muffins
Treat yourself with these Pumpkin Oat Muffins. Perfect for the Fall season as a sweet snack, dessert, and even breakfast.
Servings: 12 muffins
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg room temperature, lightly beaten
- ¾ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ cup 2% milk
- ¼ cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- ½ cup raisins optional
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- ½ cup chocolate chips regular or mini, optional
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
For the topping, stir together the brown sugar, flour, and pumpkin pie spice. Using 2 forks, cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Prepare a muffin pan with cupcake liners and spritz with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients: flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, salt, and baking soda.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients: egg, pumpkin, milk, and oil.
Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients just until combined.
Add the oats and optional mix-ins if using. Stir gently to combine.
Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups, filling each about ¾ full.
Spoon about 2 teaspoons of streusel topping over the top of each muffin.
Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the muffins comes out clean.
Cool the muffin tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Transfer muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Do not use pumpkin pie filling.
- Store on the counter for up to 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Can be stored in the freezer - wrap in plastic wrap then place in a ziptop plastic bag for up to 3 months.
- Nutritional information does not include optional ingredients.
Serving: 1muffin | Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 4g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 170mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 16g | Vitamin A: 2438IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 1mg