Favorite Pasta Salad
Packed with veggies, toppings & a flavorful vinaigrette, Favorite Pasta Salad is my “go-to” salad recipe for cookouts, potlucks and family dinners.
- 16 oz. penne pasta
- 4 cups add-ins chopped or halved (use any combination):
- Veggies: grape or cherry tomatoes red/yellow/orange/green peppers, onion, pitted black olives, broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, asparagus, carrot, seeded cucumber, artichoke hearts, garbanzo beans
- Cheese cubes: Monterey jack cheddar, provolone
- Meat cut in bite size pieces: ham, salami, pepperoni
- 2/3 cup sunflower or olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. sugar
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain pasta and rinse with cold water.
Add pasta, veggies and add-ins in a large bowl.
Add dressing to pasta/veggie mixture & toss until well coated.
For best results, chill for a couple hours before serving.
Combine all dressing ingredients in a small container and blend until well mixed. (I use my immersion blender).
- Nutrition information is provided as a reference and will vary based on the toppings used.
Calories: 316kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 7g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Sodium: 224mg | Potassium: 240mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 230IU | Vitamin C: 32.8mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1.7mg