Stuffed Pepper Soup
My updated version of Stuffed Pepper Soup has toned down the intensity of the green peppers while keeping all the delicious stuffed pepper flavors. Sure to please even the pickiest green pepper haters.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 1/2 cups green pepper chopped (approx. 1 large pepper)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 2 15 oz. cans tomato sauce
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 14.5 oz. cans beef broth
- 1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2-1 cups water
- 1/8 cup packed brown sugar
- 1-2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground pepper
- 2 cups white rice cooked
Using a large soup pan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add chopped green peppers, onions and a pinch of salt and pepper. Saute until softened.
Add ground beef to pepper and onion mixture, season with salt & pepper and cook until done. Drain & remove grease.
Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, beef broth, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, 1/2 cup water, 1 tsp. salt and pepper. Stir to combine.
Bring to a boil. Reduce heat & simmer for 30-40 minutes.
To serve, place a scoop of hot cooked rice in bowl and top with soup mixture. Stir & enjoy!
- Use fire-roasted diced tomatoes for a nice flavor and a slight bit of heat.
- I use this rice cooker for perfect rice every time.
- Add the salt in increments, tasting as you go. Start by salting the pepper & onion mixture and add bit more when browning the ground beef. Taste the soup and add more salt if desired.
- If your soup is too thick, add more beef broth or water.
- Store the leftover soup and rice separately to keep the rice from absorbing all the liquid. If you mingle them for storage, simply add more broth or water to thin the soup before reheating.
- Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Any nutritional information shared on www.AReinventedMom.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Calories: 468kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 1332mg | Potassium: 877mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 625IU | Vitamin C: 35.6mg | Calcium: 77mg | Iron: 4.1mg