Hawaiian Mac Nut Banana Bread
With sweet pineapple and buttery macadamia nuts, Hawaiian Mac Nut Banana Bread will have you dreaming of the islands.
- 3 cups flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 3 eggs beaten
- 1/4 cup oil I used sunflower oil
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt use plain, vanilla or pineapple flavored
- 2 cups mashed ripe bananas
- 8 oz. can crushed pineapple well drained then flaked/separated
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup macadamia nuts chopped (or walnuts)
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. Set aside.
Combine flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon in a medium bowl.
Add sugar, eggs and oil in a large bowl and mix until combined.
Add yogurt, bananas, pineapple, vanilla and macadamia nuts to the sugar mixture and stir to combine.
Add flour mixture to egg mixture and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened.
Pour batter into the prepared loaf pans, dividing equally.
Bake at 350 degrees for about 60-70 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool for 10 minutes in pans, then transfer loaves from pan and continue cooling on a wire rack.
- Recipe makes 2 loaves.
- To store in freezer: double layer of plastic wrap, place in a freezer bag.
Recipe was adapted from The Splitcoaststampers Cookbook Volume 1 - 2005.
- Nutritional information is provided as a reference.
Calories: 262kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 30mg | Sodium: 188mg | Potassium: 191mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 70IU | Vitamin C: 3.9mg | Calcium: 27mg | Iron: 1.7mg