Easy Weeknight Chicken Spaghetti
Easy Weeknight Chicken Spaghetti - who says comfort food can't be easy? I've simplified an ARM family favorite dinner to make it perfect for busy weeknights.
- 1 pound dry spaghetti broken in half, then broken in half again
- 2 cups pre-cooked chicken breast roughly chopped
- 1 10 1/2 oz. can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 10 1/2 oz. can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup green pepper finely diced
- 1/4 cup yellow onion finely diced
- 16 oz. chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese reserving 1/2 cup for later use
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp. Lawry's Season salt
- Salt & pepper to taste
Using a large pot, cook the spaghetti according to package directions until al dente. Drain well.
While the spaghetti is cooking, combine the pre-cooked chicken breast, 2 cans of soup, green pepper, onion, chicken broth, cheddar cheese (don't forget to reserve the 1/2 cup for later use), garlic powder and Lawry's Season salt. Mix well.
Add cooked spaghetti to chicken mixture and stir to combine.
Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish and top with 1/2 cup of reserved cheddar cheese.
Bake at 350 degrees until bubbly, about 30 minutes.
- Easy Meal Prep Chicken works very well in this recipe.
- Rotisserie chicken works well with this recipe.
- Make ahead directions: recipe can be assembled the night before or in the morning and refrigerated until ready to bake. Remove casserole from frig about 15 minutes before baking. Bake as directed, allowing for additional baking time.
- Nutritional information is provided as a reference.
Calories: 438kcal | Carbohydrates: 48g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 15g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 1248mg | Potassium: 361mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 380IU | Vitamin C: 8.1mg | Calcium: 230mg | Iron: 1.9mg