Mason Jar Cold Brew Coffee
Learn how to make cold brew coffee in a Mason jar at home. It has a smoother, sweeter taste and is budget-friendly.
- 3/4 cup ground coffee use your favorite blend
- 3 cups room temperature water
- Coffee filter & rubber band
Add ground coffee to a quart-size mason jar or bowl.
Add 3 cups water & gently stir to wet the coffee grounds.
Let the mixture sit on the counter for 15 minutes, then stir gently. Cover the jar or bowl, and store in the refrigerator for 12 hours.
Strain the mixture through a coffee filter into a clean storage jar. I usually lower the filter into the jar creating a "cup" of sorts, then secure the filter with a rubber band.
To make iced coffee: add ice to a glass, fill to halfway mark with Cold Brewed Coffee, then fill the remainder with milk of choice (I use 1% milk with a splash of half & half because I usually have it on hand). Can also be sweetened and/or flavored. Easy peasy!
- Directions are provided for using a Mason jar to brew your coffee. You can also use a cold brew coffee maker if preferred.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a week.