Homemade Taco Salad Recipe (Better Than Takeout)
Everyone needs a Homemade Taco Salad Recipe in their menu arsenal. Packed with all your favorite taco flavors but easy enough for a weeknight dinner.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 tbsp homemade taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 head lettuce
- 1/2 cup Ranch dressing
- 2 tbsp taco sauce
- Fiesta Corn
- Black Beans
- Shredded mild cheddar cheese or Mexican blend cheese
- Sour cream
- Fresh Cilantro
- Black olives sliced
- Green pepper. Diced
- Jalapeno Pepper sliced
- Red or green onions sliced
Brown ground beef until no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
Add 2 tablespoons taco seasoning and ½ cup water to cooked ground beef. Cook until the liquid is absorbed.
Serve seasoned ground beef mixture on lettuce.
Add desired toppings and dressing.
- Recipe serves 4-6.
- Additional meat options: ground turkey, shredded chicken, pork or beef. May also use meatless protein.
- Salad dressing options: Catalina or French dressing.
- Make ahead tips:
- Cook the meat ahead of time & store in the refrigerator.
- Prep & chop the toppings earlier in the day. Refrigerate as needed.
- Serving suggestions:
- Set up buffet style for "make your own" salads.
- For family style service, combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Add dressing before serving and toss to combine.
- Optional toppings are not included in the nutritional information. The nutritional information will vary based on toppings selected.
- Nutritional information is provided for informational purposes and calculated using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the nutritional information independently.
Calories: 259kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 64mg | Sodium: 438mg | Potassium: 481mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 35mg | Iron: 3mg