Easy Vegetable Salad
Easy Vegetable Salad is perfect for summer cookouts, a weeknight side dish or holiday gatherings. I've been making this recipe for over 20 years and it's still a family favorite!
Servings: 20 1/2 cup per serving
- 1 lb fresh asparagus trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces (about 4 cups)
- 12 oz fresh mushrooms quartered (about 4 cups)
- 2 cups grape tomatoes halved
- 2 14 oz artichoke hearts canned, drained, quartered
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoon sunflower oil (sub with vegetable or canola)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a large skillet. Add asparagus, cover & cook over medium heat until crisp-tender (about 2-3 minutes). Drain immediately & rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside on paper towels to dry.
Combine remaining salad ingredients with asparagus in a large bowl.
Prepare dressing by shaking ingredients in a mason jar, using an immersion blender, or by whisking in a small bowl.
Pour dressing over vegetables and toss gently to coat.
Serve immediately or refrigerate for later.
- Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.
- This recipe used canned artichokes in water, NOT the marinated version.
- Red Wine vinegar can be substituted, see swaps here.
- If you don't have sunflower oil, substitute with vegetable or canola oil.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy using an online calculator and should be considered an estimate. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Calories: 35kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 61mg | Potassium: 143mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 296IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 9mg | Iron: 1mg