Mason Jar Chocolate Chip Cookies
Edible gifts are always popular and our Mason Jar Chocolate Chip Cookies mix is one of our favorites to give. We've perfected the recipe and scaled it for different jar sizes.
Servings: 16 cookies
8-ounce jar (yields 4 cookies)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Prep ingredients for 8-ounce jar:
- 1/3 cup butter room temperature
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 teaspoon vanilla
16-ounce jar (yields 8 cookies)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
Prep ingredients for 16-ounce jar:
- 2/3 cup butter room temperature
- 2 egg yolks
- 2/3 teaspoon vanilla
32-ounce jar (yields 16 cookies)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2/3 tablespoon salt
- 2/3 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Prep ingredients for 32-ounce jar:
- 1 cup butter room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
To Make Mason Jar Cookie Mix
For a layered presentation: carefully add dry ingredients to your jar, one at a time, in the order listed.
For a blended presentation: mix the dry ingredients in a bowl before transferring to the jar.
To Make Cookies
Prepare a baking sheet by lining with parchment paper or lightly greasing.
Place butter, egg and vanilla in a mixing bowl and mix until smooth. Reduce mixing speed to Medium and gradually add the jarred ingredients. Mix until the batter reaches cookie dough consistency.
Using a small cookie scoop, place uncooked dough balls on the prepared cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F for 12 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing to a cooling rack to finish cooling.
- The yield will vary based on how much mix you prepare and the size of your scoop.
- Nutritional information is based on a 32-ounce jar of cookie mix.
- These make a fun "gift from the kitchen" for hostess, teacher or neighbor gifts.
- Include a gift tag with prep and baking instructions (see the post for a free printable tag template).
Serving: 1cookie | Calories: 214kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 43mg | Sodium: 536mg | Potassium: 24mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 369IU | Calcium: 8mg | Iron: 1mg