Classic Creamy Grape Salad
This classic grape salad recipe features a lightly sweetened cream cheese sauce. Topped with chopped pecans and a sprinkling of brown sugar, serve as a side dish or dessert.
- 2 pounds seedless green grapes
- 2 pounds red seedless grapes
- ½ cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- Light brown sugar optional
- Chopped pecans optional
Remove grapes from the vines and wash thoroughly. Allow to fully drain and pat dry completely before proceeding.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the sour cream and cream cheese. Using an electric mixer, beat until smooth and creamy.
Add the sugar and vanilla, beating until combined.
Gently fold in the grapes until they’re fully coated.
Cover and chill for 1 hour before serving.
Garnish with a sprinkle of brown sugar and chopped pecans just before serving, if desired.
Tips for Making:
- For easier mixing, allow time for the sour cream and cream cheese to come to room temperature. If the cream cheese is too cold you will have lumps in the salad.
- While you can serve immediately it tastes best after it's had a chance to chill.
- Garnish with brown sugar just before serving so it doesn’t sink/melt into the salad.
- It’s best if you can find grapes that are bite-sized because it makes the salad easier to eat. You can also cut larger grapes in half, which is a good idea if younger children will be eating.
- Be sure the grapes are completely dry so the salad dressing adheres to the grapes.
- Feel free to adjust individual ingredients. We recommend starting with our base recipe, then adjusting ingredients to your taste preferences. Make adjustments to the sauce before adding the grapes.
- Level up the presentation by serving in small parfait glasses or individual serving dishes.
- When choosing grapes at the store, look for firm ones. Discard mushy grapes if found when washing them.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Calories: 313kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 37mg | Sodium: 98mg | Potassium: 491mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 43g | Vitamin A: 620IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 65mg | Iron: 1mg