The BEST Classic Cheese Ball
This Classic Cheese Ball is a quick & easy appetizer to serve at the holidays & gatherings. Only 7 ingredients, all of which you probably already have on hand.
- 16 ounces cream cheese softened
- 8 ounces sharp cheddar cheese freshly grated
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh parsley finely chopped and divided
- ½ cup chopped pecans
Add softened cream cheese to a mixing bowl. Beat with a mixer until smooth.
Add cheddar cheese, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, onion powder and 1 teaspoon fresh parsley. Fold together until well combined.
Shape cheese mixture into a ball.
Add chopped pecans and 1 teaspoon parsley to a plate. Roll the cheese ball in the pecan mixture until evenly covered. Using clean hands, lightly pat the pecans into the cheese ball.
Wrap the cheese ball in plastic wrap and refrigerate until firm.
- Use freshly grated cheese for best results.
- This recipe can be made 1-2 days ahead. Prepare it up to the point of rolling in the nuts. Wrap the shaped cheese ball in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator. Roll in the nut mixture shortly before serving.
- Spice it up by adding a few dashes of your favorite hot sauce (ie Sriracha or Cholula).
- Will spread easier if allowed to sit out for 15 minutes before serving.
- This cheese ball contains dairy & should be refrigerated after 2 hours.
- Keeps up to 4 days in the refrigerator, in an airtight container.
- Can be frozen for 1-3 months (without nuts). Wrap in aluminum foil, then store in a ziploc bag in the freezer.
Calories: 119kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 122mg | Potassium: 47mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 349IU | Calcium: 88mg | Iron: 1mg