Lemon Poppyseed Dressing + Winter Romaine Salad
Homemade Lemon Poppyseed Dressing goes great on any salad, but I LOVE it on this winter romaine salad with fruit. The dressing has the perfect balance of sweet and tangy!
Prep Time15 minutes mins
Total Time15 minutes mins
Course: Appetizer, Salad, salad dressing
Keyword: homemade salad dressing, homemade vinaigrette dressing, romaine salad with fruits
Ingredients - Salad:
- 1 large head of romaine lettuce rinsed, drained & chopped
- 1 pear sliced
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup Romano cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
Ingredients - Dressing:
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon sweet onion finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2/3 cups canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
Add salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss to combine.
Combine dressing ingredients EXCEPT for poppy seeds. Blend until combined. Add poppy seeds to dressing after blending and stir.
Toss dressing with salad ingredients just before serving. You may not need all the dressing.
- Swiss or White cheddar cheese for Romano
- Chow mein noodles for sunflower seeds
- Apples for pears
- Mixed greens or baby spinach for romaine
- Use Garden Italian lemon juice from the produce section if you don't have lemons
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Calories: 433kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 406mg | Potassium: 155mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 18g | Vitamin A: 490IU | Vitamin C: 7mg | Calcium: 200mg | Iron: 1mg