Chipotle Chicken Bowl
This Copy Cat Chipotle Chicken Bowl is just as good (or better) than the ones at the popular restaurant. Packed full of southwest flavor and super easy to make.
CHICKEN & MARINADE
- 1 pound chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- 3 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper optional
- 1 cup white or brown rice cooked
- 2 cups lettuce chopped
- 1 cup black beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn
- ½ cup red onion
- 1 cup Pico de Gallo
- 1 avocado sliced
- Bell peppers (** see notes)
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
In a medium bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice and seasonings.
Add chicken and turn to coat. Marinate for 20 minutes in refrigerator.
Add a drizzle of olive oil to a heavy skillet and heat to medium. Add chicken and cook over medium heat for 10-15 minutes, turning several times. Chicken is done when internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Remove chicken to cutting board and allow to rest.
Slice or dice chicken after it has cooled.
While the chicken is cooking, cook the rice according to package directions.
Clean and cut vegetables; drain and rinse black beans.
Assemble burrito bowls with toppings of your choice.
- Cook the peppers with the chicken for an extra flavor boost.
- Top with my go-to creamy Southwest Dressing.
- Use microwavable ready rice to save time.
- Substitute with cauliflower rice for a low carb option.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
- Use the recipe as a guide. Customize with your favorite toppings in the quantities you prefer.
- This is an easy meal prepping option. Cook the chicken and prep the toppings over the weekend for easy, healthy meals all week. Store ingredients separately in the refrigerator, to maintain the best quality.
- Optional ingredients are not included in nutritional calculations.
Calories: 402kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 702mg | Potassium: 1037mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 1135IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 48mg | Iron: 2mg