Mini Pancake Cereal
This homemade Mini Pancake Cereal is the cutest breakfast idea we've seen in a long time. And your kids will enjoy helping you make (and eat) it too!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup whole milk or buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
Preheat the griddle and add a thin layer of oil.
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
Add egg, milk, vanilla and oil. Whisk together just until smooth (don’t overwork the batter). Let the batter sit for 5 minutes.
Transfer batter to a plastic squeeze bottle (see notes for more options).
Add a very small amount of pancake batter, about the size of a dime, to preheated & oiled griddle.
Cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, then flip and continue cooking about 1-2 minutes more.
Repeat with remaining batter.
- Batter should be a thick but pourable consistency. If it's too thick, thin out with 1-2 tablespoons of additional milk.
- If you don't have a squeeze bottle, use a disposable plastic ziptop bag. Fill the bag, seal and snip a small piece from the corner of the page to squeeze batter through. You can also use a spoon.
- Optional toppings: maple syrup, mini chocolate chips, berries, sliced bananas, honey, hazelnut spread or yogurt.
- Nutritional information doesn't include optional toppings.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 41g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 61mg | Sodium: 476mg | Potassium: 551mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 178IU | Calcium: 257mg | Iron: 3mg