Air Fryer Cauliflower is an easy and healthy side dish. Ready in under 15 minutes with many ways to season. It’s the perfect addition to any meal!
I don’t know about you but the air fryer has been a game changer for me. It’s perfect for easy dishes and the food cooks quickly, without heating up my kitchen. And cleanup? It’s a breeze!
The ability to make practically anything that you can make in the oven means my air fryer is seeing a lot of action. In fact, I use it more than my standard oven.
In case you were wondering, I’ve used this 6 Quart model. It’s the perfect size for our family of four. The 6-quart capacity is great when you need to make larger batches of food, but it can accommodate smaller food quantities as well.
As I mentioned earlier, you can cook almost anything in the air fryer that you make in the oven. You’ll want to avoid making foods with wet batters (ie tempura, etc.). And when making breads and muffins, you may need to make these in batches depending on the size and shape of your air fryer.
If you haven’t gotten accessories for your air fryer yet, I highly recommend purchasing a set. It’s a great way to expand your cooking options and makes air fryer cooking much easier.
Ingredients for Air Fryer Cauliflower
Cauliflower – I recommend using fresh florets, but you can use frozen as well. Keep reading for how to cook frozen veggies.
Oil – Using olive oil keeps the cauliflower moist and makes it more crispy. You can omit the oil, it just makes the cauliflower a little drier.
Salt and Pepper – For more flavor use cracked black pepper.
How To Make Frozen Cauliflower in the Air Fryer
You can thaw the cauliflower before cooking, or you can cook it frozen for a few minutes before adding your oil and seasonings. Don’t add the oil and seasonings before the cauliflower is somewhat thawed – it won’t stick to the florets.
Tips for Making
- Use parchment paper liners for easier cleanup. Place the liners in the basket after the air fryer has preheated.
- If you don’t want to toss the cauliflower in oil, use an oil spritzer for a lighter coating.
- For best results, shake the basket halfway through the cooking time.
- Don’t overfill the basket! Your food may cook unevenly and it won’t be crispy.
Seasonings and Variations for Air Fried Cauliflower
There are tons of ways to make cauliflower more flavorful. These are some of our favorite seasoning and topping ideas.
- Parmesan cheese
- Garlic powder
- Buffalo sauce
- Lemon juice
- Pair with your favorite dipping sauce – Ranch, honey mustard
- Everything but the Bagel Seasoning blend
How To Serve and Store
Air fried cauliflower is best served immediately after cooking.
Store leftovers in the refrigerator, in an airtight container. Reheat in the microwave for softer cauliflower or toss in the air fryer for a couple minutes for a crispier version.
Air Fryer Cauliflower
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the air fryer to 375*F.
- Place the cauliflower florets into a bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat the florets evenly.
- Add the cauliflower to the preheated air fryer, being careful not to overcrowd the basket.
- Cook for 10 minutes, shaking the basket at the halfway point.
- Season with parmesan, garlic powder or red pepper flakes, if desired.
- May need to cook in batches, depending on your basket size.
- Use similar sized pieces for even cooking.
- You can omit the oil, but the cauliflower will be drier.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.