Just like the fancy restaurants, I enjoy serving a house salad dressing. You’ll never go back to store-bought dressings when you discover how easy it is to make Creamy House Dressing at home.
Creamy House Dressing
To say The Girl and I are salad lovers would be an understatement. We eat salad almost every day. Sometimes twice a day. Seriously.
One of our favorite ways to change things up is to make homemade salad dressings. Homemade dressings typically take less than 5 minutes to make – easy peasy!
I like to mix up a jar of homemade dressing on Sunday, in the hopes it will last through the week. By making your salad dressing at home, you are able to control the ingredients, adjusting to your family’s tastes. Bonus!
Creamy House Dressing is on the Top Five list of salad dressings in my house. A little tangy, very mild onion flavor and not too sweet – a perfect blend for any green salad. We also like Caesar dressing recipe no anchovies and use our homemade Big Mac sauce as a salad dressing.
You may be wondering why I don’t call this Creamy Onion Dressing. I’m going to be straight-up with you. If I called it Creamy Onion Dressing, no one (and I mean no one!) in my family would eat it. Because who wants to eat onion dressing, right?!
By calling it Creamy House Dressing I have magically transformed something “gross” into a lovely salad dressing that everyone likes. Even the onion haters love this dressing!
Now, go gather up the ingredients for this simple but delicious salad dressing and whip up a batch for the weekend. You won’t regret it!
Work Smarter – the right tools can make or break your cooking experience. These are the tools I used to make quick work of this recipe:
Immersion blender – one of the most-used appliances in my kitchen.
Glass storage jars – my favorite way to store homemade salad dressings and so many other little odds & ends.
More ARM Family Favorite Recipes You May Enjoy:
A Reinvented Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Creamy House Dressing
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped in 3 or 4 pieces
- 1 tsp. celery seed
- 1 Tbsp. yellow mustard
- 2 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 cup oil, I use sunflower oil
- Combine all ingredients except oil in a blender jar. Slowly drizzle in the oil and blend until smooth (about 2-3 minutes). I typically do this step with my immersion blender (best tool ever!).
- For best results, refrigerate for at least an hour before serving, allowing the flavors to mingle. Don't worry if you don't have time for this - the dressing will still taste great.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Will keep for about a week.
- I am not a certified nutritionist or dietitian. All nutritional information is intended for informational purposes only and should be used only as a general guideline. This information is provided as a courtesy and there is no guarantee that the information will be completely accurate. The nutritional labels are calculated by an online calculator. Even though I do my best to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures should be considered estimates.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.