Katie’s Cornbread Casserole is a 5-ingredient side dish versatile enough to complement any meal from a simple backyard BBQ to a special holiday meal.
Today’s recipe is courtesy of my bestie Katie. Over the years, our families have gathered together countless times to share meals.
When planning our holiday meals, I can always count on Katie to bring her Cornbread Casserole. This dish has become a staple at our gatherings and we now fondly refer to it as “Katie’s Cornbread Casserole”.
Katie’s Cornbread Casserole
You do not want to confuse Katie’s Cornbread Casserole with your average run-of-the-mill, boring, dried out cornbread. Each spoonful is a slightly sweet, slightly savory bite of creamy deliciousness.
And do you see the browned edges in the photo above? Those crispy little bites are crunchy, buttery perfection. It’s difficult to refrain from slicing off all the browned edges and hoarding them for myself.
A few pantry staples added to a humble little blue box of Jiffy Mix cornbread is all you’ll need. This dish comes together FAST in a single bowl, making clean-up a breeze. Additionally, this recipe also earns bonus points for being a make ahead dish that you can serve warm or at room temperature.
Please, do yourself a favor – don’t limit this dish to holiday meals. A dish this yummy needs to be enjoyed more frequently than at the holidays.
And if you love corn, try my homemade skillet creamed corn recipe – it’s so much better than the canned version.
It pairs very well with most meats (ham & BBQ meats are favorites). Perfect for potlucks, backyard BBQ’s and summer picnics, what more can you ask for in a side dish?
Work Smarter: Sometimes the right tools can make or break your cooking experience. These are the tools I used to make quick work of this recipe:
Batter bowl – no mess, no fuss.
Whisk – one of the most-used utensils in my kitchen.
Pyrex casserole dish – 2 quart with lid for storage.
You may enjoy these ARM family favorite recipes:
I’ve shared this recipe at the following parties: Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.
A Reinvented Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Katie's Cornbread Casserole
- 1 stick butter
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 can (16 oz) creamed corn
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup sour cream, (I use reduced fat sour cream)
- 1/2 cup corn, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter stick in a 2 quart oven-proof casserole dish and heat in oven until melted.
- Remove casserole dish from oven after butter has melted. VERY CAREFULLY (you don't want to splash hot butter on yourself), add the cornbread mixture to the casserole dish.
- Bake for approximately 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- May be served warm or cold. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Any nutritional information shared on www.AReinventedMom.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.