Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on a link and/or make a purchase, I may be paid a small commission at no additional cost to you. Additionally, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure page for more information.
Our homemade Caesar Dressing without Anchovies recipe is perfect for anyone who loves the tangy and creamy flavor of a Caesar salad, but wants to avoid the fishy taste of anchovies. The recipe is easy to follow and can be made in just a few minutes with simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry.
Do you love Caesar salad? If so, you have to try our quick and easy Caesar dressing recipe! It doesn’t use anchovy paste or raw eggs like some traditional Caesar dressing recipes do. But don’t worry, this creamy dressing is bursting with the classic Caesar dressing flavor you love.
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
The basic ingredients offer a big flavor turnout. Serve up this classic Caesar salad as a side dish to dinner, or top with some sliced chicken to create a meal out of it.
Either way this dressing is going to add so much flavor to your crisp Romaine lettuce. And don’t forget to add homemade croutons on top for a nice crunch factor.
Say goodbye to missing out on the Caesar salad and hello to a delightful, anchovy-free dressing. Don’t let dietary restrictions hold you back – this recipe is a game changer!
If you’re looking for another healthy dressing recipe try my Greek yogurt dressing – it’s flavorful and creamy. And this chicken harvest salad is made with fresh chicken, apples and a homemade dressing.
This Caesar Salad Recipe…..
- is ready in 5 Minutes
- can be made with a blender, food processor or immersion blender
- is a creamy Caesar salad dressing
- is a flavorful homemade dressing
- has a mayonnaise base
- doesn’t use anchovy filets or pasta
- has the BEST flavor
Parmesan Cheese – Offers tangy and savory flavor elements.
Mayonnaise – Make sure you are using real mayonnaise and not Miracle Whip for this Caesar salad dressing recipe.
Sour Cream – This adds a nice creamy texture with a tangy twist.
Lemon – Fresh lemon juice is recommended for the brightest flavor.
Worcestershire Sauce – The sauce offers a bit of a smokey and savory umami flavor to the dressing that gives it a wow factor.
Dijon Mustard – This is going to give you that classic Caesar dressing taste, so it’s a must-use ingredient.
Garlic – Fresh garlic is best. Use cloves of garlic and a mincer to make quick work of this.
Salt and Black Pepper – Flavors the dressing but you can also add more to taste when serving to enhance the flavors even more.
How to Make Caesar Dressing No Anchovies
Full directions on how to make this Caesar salad dressing recipe are in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is a quick walk through on how it is made.
Step One: In a large bowl, blender, or food processor add all your ingredients.
Step Two: Blend up the ingredients for 2-3 minutes, until the dressing is nice and creamy. If you use an immersion blender you may have to blend a little longer to make sure the ingredients are fully incorporated.
Step Three: Store the dressing in a sealed jar or container in the fridge. Stir well and then serve the dressing on your salad when you’re ready to eat.
Tips for making Caesar dressing recipe no anchovies
- Fresh grated parmesan offers a richer flavor than pre-grated cheese. It’s also more tangy and savory.
- A garlic press works great for minced garlic. It easily presses the cloves and creates minced garlic you can use instantly.
- Since you are blending the mixture you can use whole garlic cloves because they should grind up when you blend the dressing. I just find mincing them first ensures I don’t end up with any bigger clumps of garlic in the dressing.
- Add additional salt or pepper to taste for more flavor in your salad dressing.
- Add in some lemon zest for more tangy citrus flavor.
- To make this a vegan recipe use a vegan-approved Worcestershire sauce, cheese, and mayonnaise.
- If you want that fishy flavor, you can add a fish sauce or whole anchovies to the homemade Caesar salad recipe. Start with 1-2 flat anchovy fillets and adjust as you go along.
Any dressing you do not eat right away needs to be stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to a week. Make sure to stir between each use and check to ensure it is still offering a pleasant aroma and flavor. When in doubt toss it out.
How to Make a Classic Caesar Salad
The traditional version is served with fresh chopped Romaine lettuce, crunchy garlic croutons, fresh parmesan cheese, and then drizzled with the dressing.
Some recipes add in fresh tomatoes. Or you can top with sliced roasted chicken or grilled shrimp for an easy main dish recipe.
MORE FAMILY Favorite
Main Dish Salad Recipes
This Caesar salad dressing recipe without anchovies is a delicious and easy way to add some zesty flavor to your salads, sandwiches, and even as a dipping sauce. The tanginess from the lemon and Dijon mustard, combined with the creaminess from the mayo, creates the perfect balance of taste and texture.
If you try this recipe let us know by leaving a comment, rating the recipe and tagging us on social media.
Homemade Caesar Dressing Without Anchovies
- 1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 fresh lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender jar or mixing bowl.
- Mix or blend for 3 minutes, or until dressing is creamy and smooth.
- Do NOT use Miracle Whip in this recipe.
- Be sure to use fresh lemon juice for the brightest flavor.
- Add a little more Worcestershire sauce for a bolder flavor.
- If you are allergic to fish, you should not use the Worcestershire sauce because it contains anchovies.
- Dressing can be made in a blender, food processor, stand mixer or can be mixed with an immersion blender.
- Store leftover dressing in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Dressing may need to be shaken or stirred before serving.
- Recipe makes 2 cups.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.