Persimmon Bars with Lemon Glaze
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on a link and/or make a purchase, I may be paid a small commission at no additional cost to you. Additionally, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure page for more information.
Persimmon Bars with Lemon Glaze – your family will enjoy these cake-like bars with a slightly sweet lemon glaze.
Pumpkin isn’t the only reason to get excited for the Fall season. The beautiful persimmon fruit typically starts hitting the grocery shelves in early October. And boy does that make me excited!
I wanted to share my Persimmon Bars with Lemon Glaze recipe with you before the Persimmon season is over. My entire family loves these cake-like bars and it’s unusual for them to last for more than a day or two.
The persimmons, nutmeg, cinnamon and cloves combine for a wonderful Fall/Winter treat. Trust me, you will have a difficult time stopping with just one.
I have adapted my recipe from Persimmon Bars at All Recipes by reducing the sugar, raisins, cloves and salt; added vanilla; swapped coconut oil for vegetable oil.
***** Pin the Recipe for Later *****
More Baked Goods Recipes You Might Enjoy
A Reinvented Mom is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Persimmon Bars with Lemon Glaze
- 1 cup persimmon pulp, (about 2-3 ripe persimmons)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted to liquid, but not hot
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
TO PREPARE THE BARS
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 10 x 15 jelly roll pan.
- In a small bowl, mix the persimmon pulp and the baking soda. Set aside.
- Using a new small bowl, mix the beaten egg, sugar, coconut oil, vanilla and raisins.
- Using a large bowl, add the flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt; stir to mix.
- Give the persimmon mixture a quick stir and add to the flour mixture. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir to combine. Add walnuts if using, and stir again.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven until gold brown and toothpick comes out clean. Allow bars to cool for 15-30 minutes before topping with glaze.
TO PREPARE THE LEMON GLAZE
- Combine the confectioner's sugar with lemon juice & stir until sugar is dissolved. Spread glaze over slightly cooled bars.
- Recipe adapted from All Recipes.
- Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes and should only be used as a general guideline.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.
How yummy! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again this week!
Thank you for posting to Motivation Monday!
I’ve never had persimmons. I’ll have to find some and try your recipe out. Thanks for linking to Show Me Saturday.
Now you have me interested in persimmon. I will have to see if my green grocery has them. Thanks for sharing this with us on Weekend Bites. Pinned.
What a wonderful treat for the holidays, we will love your Persimmon Bars with Lemon Glaze. Thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope you have a great week.
Come Back Soon!