30-Minute Asian Beef Bowl – made with budget friendly ground beef & packed with Asian flavors, your family will love this easy dinner recipe. Serve with rice & a salad for an easy weeknight meal.
Most busy Moms have a few quick recipes in their back pockets for nights when everything seems to fall apart. Getting home late from work, taxiing kids around to activities and kids who want to eat NOW. You can relate to this, right?
30 Minute Asian Beef Bowl Recipe
I’m sharing one of my favorite easy meals with you today – 30 Minute Asian Beef Bowl. From start to finish, this meal is on the table in less than 30 minutes, making it perfect for busy weeknights. Additionally, I can make this entire dish for $6-7, making it very easy on your wallet.
Thirty Minute Asian Beef Bowl is also a family favorite. Don’t you love it when an easy, inexpensive meal is enjoyed by everyone in the family? My meat loving Boy inhales this meal. Even The Girl (who is not a big fan of ground beef), likes this dish.
The last time I made it, there wasn’t much left over. It’s time to start doubling the recipe to account for it’s popularity and growing teenage appetites.
The ginger and sesame oil lend an Asian twist to simple ground beef. If you don’t have sesame oil in your pantry, you should be able to find it in the ethnic food aisle of most larger grocery stores. Buy the small bottle because a little goes a long way.
This dish has held a spot in my recipe box for many years although I am unsure of it’s origin.
More easy Asian recipes:
30 Minute Asian Beef Bowl
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups rice, cooked according to package directions
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Combine ground beef and onions in a pan and cook over medium heat until meat is browned & cooked through. I use this handy tool to finely crumble the meat. Drain & remove grease from pan.
- While the ground beef and onions are cooking, make the sauce. Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl, and stir to combine.
- Add sauce mixture to the cooked ground beef and stir. Simmer over medium heat for about 5 minutes.
- Serve over hot cooked rice (use a rice cooker for perfect rice every time). Top with chopped green onion.
- I use 93/7 ground beef for this recipe.
- I've been using minced ginger in a tube with good results.
- Low sodium soy sauce is recommended.