Looking to jazz up your Thanksgiving bread basket or Fall dessert table? Bake a batch of the BEST Vanilla Spiced Pumpkin Bread the next time you’re craving a pumpkin treat.
EASY VANILLA SPICED PUMPKIN BREAD RECIPE
I considered titling this recipe “Pumpkin Bread for People Who Hate Pumpkin Bread”. Doesn’t quite roll off the tongue though, does it?
People who insist they don’t like pumpkin bread LOVED this version. Raved about it! Even asked me to make another batch immediately.
It’s that good!
What Makes This Version the BEST?
I’ve had a lot of pumpkin bread over the years. I bet you have, too. And you’re probably wondering what makes Vanilla Spiced Pumpkin Bread so special.
This version remains my favorite. Heck, I like this version more than Starbucks pumpkin bread (which is good in a pinch!).
I’m convinced the vanilla pudding elevates plain, old pumpkin bread to something tantalizing. It yields a texture that is almost cake-like.
And take a look at the fantastic crumb. Soooo good!
The addition of cinnamon adds a nice warmth to this easy pumpkin bread. You’ll taste the flavors of Fall in every bite.
Tips for Making Easy Pumpkin Bread Recipe
- Use canned pumpkin puree (NOT pie filling). Puree has a thicker consistency and is 100% pumpkin – no spices or added sugar. I’m partial to Libby’s brand of pumpkin because it’s grown near my hometown in central Illinois (the Pumpkin Capital of the World).
- Order pudding mix online if you can’t purchase it locally.
- You have 2 options for baking: make 2 full-sized loaves or 4-5 mini loaves.
- The mini loaves are great for teacher or hostess gifts. Or mailing to hungry college students.
- This pumpkin spice bread recipe freezes beautifully. I do a double layer of plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag for up to 2 months.
- Scroll to the bottom of this post for the full recipe & a printable recipe card.
Tools to Make Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Sometimes the right tools can make or break your cooking experience. These are the tools I used to make quick work of this recipe:
- My favorite pans – full-sized loaf pans or small baking pans.
- A wire rack for cooling fresh from the oven loaves.
- For easy gift giving, bake easy spiced pumpkin bread loaves in these pans. Wrap in a cello bag and tie with a ribbon for an easy hostess or teacher gift.
Vanilla Spiced Pumpkin Bread has long-held a favored place in my recipe box. I’ve served it for brunch, snacks, holiday entertaining and hostess gifts. I clipped the original recipe from a Taste of Home magazine years ago. As always, I’ve made a few modifications along the way.
More Homemade Baked Goods Recipes You May Like:
Vanilla Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Looking to jazz up your Thanksgiving bread basket or Fall dessert table? Bake a batch of the BEST Vanilla Spiced Pumpkin Bread the next time you're craving a pumpkin treat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Grease (5) small loaf pans (approx. 5 3/4 x 3 x 2 size).
- Beat the eggs in a large bowl. Add oil and pumpkin, beating until smooth.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, cinnamon and salt. Stir to combine. Gradually add to the pumpkin mixture, beating after each addition.
- Divide the batter equally between the loaf pans. Place pans on a large baking sheet prior to placing in the oven.
- Bake for approximately 40 minutes. Bread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire cooling rack until completely cooled.
- Bread can be made in 2 larger loaf pans, adjusting for a slightly longer bake time.
- To freeze: Wrap cooled loaves in a double layer of plastic wrap and place in freezer bags. I'm not sure how long they keep as we usually eat them within 2 weeks. To use, defrost in the refrigerator overnight.
- Order pudding mix online if you can't purchase it locally.
Nutrition Disclaimer: All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. Any nutritional information shared on www.AReinventedMom.com should only be used as a general guideline.
Recipe slightly adapted from Taste of Home.