Busy days call for easy recipes. Slow Cooker Honey Chicken requires just 10 minutes of prep and the slow cooker does the rest. Your family will love the slightly sweet, slightly tangy (with just a wee bit of spice) flavors.
It’s been a while since I’ve posted a new recipe – not by by design, but more a result of adjusting to new schedules and finding the time to actually write a post. I hope to get back to posting on a more regular schedule soon. Thanks for sticking around during the lean times!
Today I have a quick and easy slow cooker recipe for you. Slow Cooker Honey Chicken is a hit with the Teens and adults in my house. I realize this dish doesn’t look very “special”, but you are going to have to trust me on this one. Even The Girl (who isn’t a huge fan of meat) loves this dish, going so far as to hide the tiny cup of leftovers in the back of the refrigerator so no one else would eat them (true!).
I need to start doubling this recipe, because we almost polished off the entire dish the last time I made it. You only need to whip up a batch of rice, add a side salad and some fruit, and you have a full meal on the dinner table in no time.
The ingredient list is basic and you likely have everything you need in your pantry.
More ARM Family Favorite slow cooker recipes you may enjoy:
SLOW COOKER HONEY CHICKEN
- Place chicken breasts, onions and carrots in slow cooker.
- Combine the next 7 ingredients and mix well. Pour over chicken, carrots and onions.
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours (or until chicken is cooked through).
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred with 2 forks. Place shredded chicken back in slow cooker and stir to combine with the sauce.
- Serve over rice and sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using) before serving.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.