Put these Pink Starburst Jello Shots on the must-have list for your next summer get together. If you love Starburst you’ll love these shots because they taste just like the candy!
Summer is in full swing, and you know what that means, right? It’s time to let loose, kick back and enjoy the many amazing memories you are about to create. With 2020 being a buzzkill on any fun people could enjoy, Summer 2021 is all about making up for lost time.
Whether you are making these at home or planning to take to a party, they are refreshing and tasty every time. We aren’t sure if that’s a good or bad thing!
In all honesty I’m not a huge drinker, but I like the fru-fru kind of drinks that actually taste good. So if it tastes like candy you can definitely count me in!
These Jell-O shots can also be used for festive parties like New Year’s Eve, Halloween, and maybe even Christmas if your crowd likes to get a little rowdy. And it’s easy to change up the colors and flavors to fit the occasion.
Don’t forget the cute little containers that are usually holiday specific. For instance, at Halloween you can get the syringes, New Year’s may call for mini champagne glasses! I’ve even seen ring shaped cups for bridal parties.
More Recipes with Jell-O:
What You Need to Make Strawberry Starburst Jello Shots
Vodka – choose your favorite brand! For even more fruity flavor go with a flavored vodka.
Whipped topping – Be sure to let it thaw so it’s nice and fluffy
Starburst candies – look for the all-pink bags. And go with the big bag versus buying the single packs by the checkout counter.
Kitchen Gadgets and Tools
- Baking Sheet
- Shot cups
How To Make Pink Starburst Jello Shots
Start by boiling the water in a medium saucepan. Then add the Jell-O and stir until it has dissolved.
Pour in the vodka and the thawed Cool Whip. Be sure to stir until it is completely blended.
Add the pink Jell-O mixture to your cups using a ladle or pouring directly out of the pot (warning: this can be messy!).
Now, place the filled cups in the fridge until they have set up. This can take 2-4 hours.
Once they’re ready, garnish them with pink Starbursts before serving.
Tips for Making
You can also change these up by swapping out for other flavors of gelatin and Starburst candies. The possibilities are endless.
This recipe uses 2 ounce plastic shot cups.
How Long Do Jell-O Shots Stay Good For?
These will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, which is handy if you need to make them ahead of time for a planned party or event.
Of course always remember that any alcohol inspired drink recipe is for people aged 21 and older. Enjoy these and remember to please drink responsibly!
More Festive Party Recipes:
- How to the Throw the Ultimate Budget Graduation Party
- How to Throw a Killer Taco Bar Party (Easy Party Idea)
- 60+ Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipes for a Festive Mexican Feast
**Save Pink Starburst Jell-o shots for Later**
Pink Starburst Jello Shots
- 1 3- ounce box pink Starburst Jell-O gelatin
- 1 cup vodka
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup whipped topping, thawed
- 16 pink Starburst candies
- Place empty cups on a sheet tray. Set aside.
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add gelatin mix and stir until dissolved (about 2 minutes).
- Add the vodka and whipped topping. Mix until combined.
- Ladle or pour gelatin mixture into cups.
- Refrigerate cups until set (about 2-4 hours).
- Garnish with pink Starburst before serving.
- Look for the all pink bags of Starburst candies.
- Use strawberry flavored vodka for more fruity flavor.
- This recipe uses 2-ounce cups. Swap out plastic syringes for Halloween or these sparkly shot glasses for special celebrations.
- Pair other flavors of gelatin & candies for holidays & special celebrations.
- Can be made ahead of time and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.