You have to try our homemade air fryer cornbread muffins! They are fluffy, tender and cook in about 10 minutes per batch. Old fashioned cornbread without all of the hassle.
There’s nothing like a fresh batch of warm cornbread. I know it’s easy to buy a box of Jiffy mix and be done with it. But I have perfected homemade cornbread muffins in the air fryer using just 9 pantry staples, and they are hands down better than Jiffy mix muffins.
Even though I am a fan of a sweeter cornbread, I prefer making it a little savory so that it goes with any meal. If I want it to be a little sweeter, I’ll drizzle a little honey over a corn muffin and it’s almost like dessert (just kidding – I’ll still want dessert!).
More easy muffin recipes
Ingredients Needed for Air Fryer Cornbread Muffins
Butter – we use salted. If you use unsalted, you’ll want to add a little more salt to the batter.
Flour – all purpose works the best with this recipe
Baking powder and soda – helps to make these muffins light and fluffy
How to Make Homemade Cornbread Muffins in the Air Fryer
Start by preheating the air fryer to 330 degrees F.
Melt the butter in a large bowl, then stir in the remaining ingredients.
Fill each silicone muffin cup about ¾ of the way full.
Set the muffin cups in the air fryer and cook until they are golden brown or for about 10 minutes.
Can You Make These in the Oven?
Yes! Follow all of the same instructions, except bake them for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees F. You can use a metal muffin tin if you’re making these in the oven.
Storing and Freezing
Keep leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 1-2 minutes.
To freeze, wrap muffins individually in plastic wrap and store in a freezer bag or container where they will stay fresh for up to a month.
Helpful Tips and FAQs
- Be careful when mixing the batter. If you overmix, the muffins will come out tough.
- We have only tested this recipe with standard size muffin cups. Cooking times may need to be adjusted if you make mini or jumbo-sized cornbread muffins.
- If desired, you can grease the muffin cups with non-stick cooking spray for easier cleanup.
- Depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook in batches.
- Check half way through to make sure the batter hasn’t spilled over.
How do you keep corn muffins from drying out?
Be sure to measure the ingredients accurately and don’t overmix the batter. We haven’t tested substitutions for this recipe, so we recommend using the exact ingredients. If you were making other versions like dairy or gluten free the ratio of ingredients will need to be adjusted.
Can you put paper muffin cups in the air fryer?
You can, but the paper liners may tip over and make a mess. Which is why we prefer to use the silicone liners.
MORE EASY AIR FRYER
Recipes To Try
Air Fryer Cornbread Muffins
- 8 Tablespoons salted butter, (1 stick)
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- Preheat air fryer to 330 degrees F.
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter. Add remaining ingredients and stir just until combined.
- Fill the silicone molds 3/4 of the way full.
- Carefully place muffin molds in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes or until golden brown on top. Check at the halfway mark to make sure the molds haven’t tipped over.
- Repeat Steps 3 and 4 until you’ve used all the batter.
- Don’t overmix the batter or the muffins will be tough.
- We’ve only tested this recipe with standard-size muffin cups. Cooking times may need to be adjusted if you make mini or jumbo-sized muffins.
- You may need to cook in batches based on the size of your air fryer basket.
- Oven directions: bake at 375 degrees F for 20-25 minutes. Use a metal muffin tin if preferred.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container on the counter for 1-2 days. Reheat in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 1-2 minutes if desired.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.