This Air Fryer French Bread Pizza recipe is unlike anything you’ve tried before. It’s quick and easy along with so many ways to serve it.
Perfect for a main course meal or a kid-approved after school snack. And don’t forget tailgating and game day snacks. Our soft pretzels in the air fryer are another easy snack recipe
We’re sharing tips to help you get the best results with this recipe. If you don’t need the tips, scroll to the bottom for the full recipe, including a printable recipe card.
In high school I worked at Avanti’s Italian restaurant and pizzeria. That was my first introduction to pizza bread and boy was I hooked. It was my go-to shift meal and I never got tired of it because the topping variations were unlimited.
Since I’ve started making this recipe at home, it’s like my children are 10 years old again. They are hooked on this easy meal and I love that everyone can have pizza “their way”. Moms, you know what I am talking about when you have hungry teenagers in the house!
More recipes with pizza dough
I am also really excited to share my pizza bar idea with you. Keep reading to find out how to put a new spin on family pizza night.
Earlier I mentioned how easy this recipe is, but I didn’t tell you it’s budget-friendly too. Oftentimes French bread is relatively cheap compared to similar prepackaged products. So ditch the Stouffer’s frozen pizza bread and try your hand at making homemade air fryer pizza bread.
Ingredients for Air Fryer French Bread Pizza
French Bread – first we are going to be slicing the loaf lengthwise, then cut it into smaller pieces.
Pizza sauce – feel free to make your own or keep it simple and use store-bought.
Cheese – our go-to for pizzas is a blend of mozzarella and provolone. You can grab the pre-shredded kind in your local dairy section or shop the deli for the mozzarella log and shred it yourself. The deli kind offers a fresher flavor and melts better than pre-shredded cheese.
Olive oil – this helps the crust crisp up
Toppings – the options here are endless, but we always have some variation sliced mushrooms, mini pepperonis, and Italian sausage.
How To Make Pizza Bread in the Air Fryer
Go ahead and slice your bread lengthwise and then cut in smaller pieces. You should end up with 6 pieces but you may need to adjust based on the size of your air fryer basket.
Preheat your air fryer, then brush your French bread with a little oil and sprinkle a little garlic salt on. Cook long enough to lightly toast the bread.
Create your pizza in this order: sauce, toppings, cheese.
Cook a little longer until the cheese is slightly browned and melted.
I recommend lining your basket with parchment paper liners or brushing lightly with oil to keep the breads from sticking.
Hosting a Pizza Bar
I am all about make-your-own meals around my household, but having a pizza bar is also fun for small parties or gatherings.
I recommend pre-cooking the Italian sausage, hamburger or other meats. You can also pre-toast the breads to speed things up.
Simply place all of the toppings in separate containers, along with bowls of pizza sauce and shredded cheese. Pile the pre-sliced (and toasted) French loaves on a cutting board or platter.
Throw in some themed serving ware and a few cute decorations and you have a cheap, easy, and fun party theme. This is a great birthday party idea for all ages, team or club dinners or any time you need to feed a hungry crowd.
You can also see how I host a taco bar party if tacos are your jam.
Tips for Making
- I put the toppings under the cheese to keep them from “flying around” the air fryer while cooking.
- Parchment paper liners work well to catch any gooey cheese drips.
- If making multiple batches, subsequent batches may cook faster. Check at the 2-3 minute mark to make sure they don’t burn.
How To Make Pizza Bread in the Oven
You can bake or broil. If you choose to broil just watch closely – you know how easily that can get out of hand!
For the oven, simply construct your pizza bread, place on a baking sheet and bake at 400 degrees F for 10 minutes.
More Easy Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Biscuit Donuts
- 20 Minute Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- Air Fryer Cauliflower
- Irresistible Air Fryer Meatballs
Air Fryer Pizza Bread
- Parchment paper liners
- Italian sausage, cooked & crumbled
- Mini pepperoni
- Ground beef, cooked & crumbled
- Sliced mushrooms
- Sliced peppers
- Chopped onions
- Black olive slices
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees.
- Slice the French bread in half lengthwise, then cut into 3 pieces. You should have 6 pieces. Note: You may need to adjust your cut sizes based on the size of your and air fryer basket.
- Brush each bread slice with a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with garlic powder. Cook for 1-2 minutes to lightly toast the bread. May need to do in batches.
- Top each bread slice with sauce, toppings and cheese (in that order).
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes, until cheese is lightly browned and melty.
- You may not use all the pizza sauce.
- I typically use parchment liners for this recipe. If you don’t have them, brush the basket with a little olive oil.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Nutritional information does not include optional toppings.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.