Crockpot Apple Dump Cake is an easy, 5-ingredient, delicious dessert that is perfect for Fall! Simply dump the ingredients into the crockpot, set the timer and walk away.
With the holiday season just around the corner, I thought you’d appreciate an easy recipe. Some days you’re in the mood (and have the time!) to bake, so you tackle a decadent dessert.
And then there are all the other days when you’re short on time. You’re craving something sweet or you need an easy dessert for a family dinner. This recipe is a winner when you need a comforting dessert that doesn’t require a lot of effort.
This is one of the easiest apple dessert recipes you will ever make. Seriously! You add the ingredients to the slow cooker, top with melted butter, set the timer and DONE!
I’m answering common questions & sharing tips to help you get the best results with this recipe. If you don’t need the tips, simply scroll to the bottom for the full recipe, including a printable recipe card.
Being able to set it and forget it is one of the many reasons I love using my crockpot! Not to mention, it saves cooking space by allowing you to use the oven and stove for other dishes, you don’t have to constantly watch the food, and the recipes typically don’t require a lot of prep time.
Ingredients for Crockpot Apple Dump Cake
Apple Pie Filling – You can use regular or sugar-free if desired, both taste great.
Yellow Cake Mix – Substitute for other flavors if desired.
Brown Sugar – Measure this ingredient lightly packed.
Can I Use A Different Pie Filling Flavor?
Yes! If you want to make a different flavored dump cake try peach pie filling. If you experiment with something else, be sure to let me know how it comes out.
Instead of Apple Pie Filling, Can I Use Real Apples?
Yes, but this will alter the recipe slightly. If you use real apples I recommend Granny Smith or Honeycrisp. These are great for baking and tend to stay firm. Add about 5-7 peeled and chopped apples to the bottom of the crockpot and sprinkle with a little extra cinnamon. Then follow the rest of the instructions.
How To Serve Crockpot Apple Dump Cake
The most traditional way of serving would be with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. If you’re feeling adventurous, try one of these ways to jazz up your Apple Dump Cake:
- Add a caramel drizzle
- Chopped nuts
- Fresh whipped cream or Cool Whip
- Powdered sugar
- Extra sprinkling of cinnamon or nutmeg
How To Store
For best results, allow to cool before storing in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Oven Instructions for Apple Dump Cake
Follow the crockpot instructions for assembly, using a 9×13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for about 45 minutes. Depending on your oven, you make need to adjust the cooking time.
More Yummy Desserts You Will Love:
Crockpot Apple Dump Cake
- 2 cans (20 oz.) apple pie filling
- 1 box (16.25 oz) yellow cake mix
- ¼ cup light brown sugar,, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter,, melted
- Spray crockpot liner with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add canned apple pie filling.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, brown sugar and cinnamon and stir.
- Sprinkle cake mix mixture evenly on top of apple pie filling.
- Melt butter in a microwave safe bowl. Drizzle over the cake mix (it won’t completely cover the dry cake mix).
- Place a paper towel over the top of the liner and cover with the lid.
- Cook on high for 2 ½ – 3 hours.
- Serve warm with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce if desired.
- Use a slow cooker liner for easy clean-up.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Nutritional information is provided as a reference using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.