These 3-ingredient Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie treats combine a classic dessert recipe with your favorite cereal. And they take less than 15 minutes to prepare!
If you love all things Rice Krispies, you have to try our Fruity Pebbles Krispie treats. They have the same soft and chewy texture of the traditional Krispie treat but they taste like the fruity cereal without the milk.
We’re sharing tips to help you get the best results with this recipe. If you don’t need the tips, scroll to the bottom for the full recipe, including a printable recipe card.
These are kid (and adult!) favorites and great for snacks, desserts, and even road trips. They also make for an easy classroom party treat or bake sale offering.
Krispie treats are a favorite of ours because they come together quickly, never go out of style and can be made in a variety of ways, like these fun heart shaped Rice Krispie treats and mini egg Rice Krispie treats for Easter. If you’re a chocolate lover be sure to try the chocolate Krispie treats version and our often requested s’mores rice krispies.
You’ll love this easy recipe because everything is made in the microwave – no need to turn the stove on. And cleanup is simple because you only need one bowl to mix them up.
- mini marshmallows
- Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Nonstick cooking spray
How to Make Homemade Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats
Grease a 9×13 baking dish and a large spoon with non stick spray,
Combine the butter and marshmallows in a large bowl and microwave for 2 minutes.
Stir constantly until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Then fold in the Fruity Pebbles and gently stir until they are evenly covered.
Transfer cereal mixture to the prepared pan and gently press down with a greased spoon or spatula to compact the treats.
Cover and let them set up for 3 to 4 hours before slicing.
Tips for making Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie treats
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows – they melt better.
- Work quickly after you’ve melted the marshmallows and butter – it’s easier to stir and work with the mixture when it’s warm.
- If there’s too much of the marshmallow mixture, add more cereal a cup at a time until you reach the desired consistency.
- Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the treats before compressing them – it makes things less sticky.
- To keep the treats from falling apart, make sure you let them rest before slicing.
- When you’re ready to cut into bars, grease the knife to make cutting easier.
- Substitute with Cocoa Pebbles if preferred.
- To make thicker treats, use a 10×7 pan or double the recipe and use a 9×13 pan.
- If you like larger marshmallow pieces in your treats, stir in a 1/2 cup of unmelted mallows before transferring to the pan. This also adds a nice texture to the cereal treats.
- For a slightly less sweet treat, use half Fruity Pebbles and half regular Rice Krispies.
Store in an airtight container or plastic ziptop bag on the counter for up to 3 days. But ours never last this long.
Can I Use Large Marshmallows?
Yes, but I would recommend cutting them into quarters before melting. They’ll melt more evenly and keep the mixture creamy.
A cup of mini marshmallows is the equivalent of 8 regular marshmallows, meaning you would need approximately 64 regular sized mallows for this recipe.
No Bake Treat Recipes
Fruity Pebbles Rice Krispie Treats
- 8 cups mini marshmallows
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a 9×13 baking dish and mixing spoon with non-stick spray. Set aside.
- In a large microwave-safe mixing bowl combine the marshmallows and butter and microwave for two minutes.
- Remove from microwave and quickly stir with the greased spoon to combine the marshmallow and butter.
- Immediately add the Fruity Pebbles cereal, gently stirring until the cereal is evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it out evenly. Press it down gently but firmly with greased hands or a spatula until it’s packed in an even layer.
- Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit on the counter for 3-4 hours before cutting.
- Make sure your marshmallows are fresh for best results.
- Work quickly as you go through the steps – it’s easier to stir the mixture when it’s hot.
- The mixture is sticky – spray utensils, hands and knife with non-stick spray to make it easier to work.
- For thicker treats, double the recipe, or use this recipe with a 10×7 pan.
- Treats will stay soft for 2-3 days when stored in an airtight container or ziptop bag on the counter.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.