Instant Pot Country Style Ribs are the perfect comfort food and can be served year round. And no more waiting hours for the ribs to be tender and juicy.
I would admit comfort food is one of my weaknesses, and most of you can probably relate. While I love eating it, many of these tasty dishes take hours to make for a dinner that’s over in 10 minutes. And worst of all, I’m left with a massive cleanup.
But since I bought an Instant Pot, cooking has never been easier! It’s quick and easy, the inner pot is dishwasher safe, and one pot meals are right up my alley.
If you haven’t discovered all of the Instant Pot accessories, you should definitely look into the accessory sets. They have just about everything you need and the gadgets are cheaper when you buy in a bundle.
Be sure to read until the end for more of my favorite Instant Pot recipes.
Ingredients for Instant Pot Country Ribs
Country style boneless ribs
Spices: smoked paprika, garlic powder, ground ginger, kosher salt, black pepper
Apple cider vinegar
How To Make Homemade BBQ Sauce
While you can use store bought, I highly recommend giving this sauce a try. The flavors are great, you can store it for later, and it uses simple ingredients (no preservatives like the ones in the store bought bottles).
Ingredients you’ll need:
- Brown sugar
- White vinegar
- Cayenne pepper – this is optional and you can also swap for red pepper flakes.
That’s it! Simply mix all of the ingredients together and wait for the ribs to finish cooking. You can also simmer it over the stove if you would rather the sauce be hot when you brush it on.
Instant Pot Instructions for Country Style Ribs
Combine all of the spices into a small bowl and stir then set aside.
After you have rinsed your ribs and patted them dry, place them into a large dish. Pour the spice mixture over the ribs and rub to cover completely.
Then pour in the vinegar and apple juice over the ribs. Cover the bowl and them marinate in the fridge for at least 30-60 minutes.
While the ribs are marinating, go ahead and make the BBQ sauce.
Pour the beef stock into the inner pot of the Instant Pot and place the trivet inside.
After marinating, stack the ribs with the fat side up on the trivet and pour the BBQ sauce in. Place the lid on and turn the valve to the Sealing position.
Cook on High pressure for 45 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally (this can take up to 10 minutes).
If you prefer your ribs a little crispy, transfer the cooked ribs to a cookie sheet and broil for a couple of minutes.
These are some of my favorite side dishes to serve with country style ribs.
Check Out These Easy Instant Pot Recipes:
- Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken
- Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Soup
- The BEST Instant Pot Oatmeal
- Instant Pot Pork Butt
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Rice
- Instant Pot Popcorn
Instant Pot Country Style Ribs
- 3-4 pounds country style boneless ribs
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cup beef stock
Homemade BBQ Sauce
- ¾ cup ketchup
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- ¼ – ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, optional
- Add paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground ginger, salt and pepper to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add ribs to a medium bowl, sprinkle spices over ribs and gently rub into meat.
- Pour apple cider vinegar and apple juice over ribs. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- While ribs are marinating, mix together BBQ sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Add beef stock to Instant Pot. Set the trivet in inner pot and stack marinated ribs on the trivet, fat side up. Discard leftover marinade.
- Pour BBQ sauce over ribs. Place lid on the Instant Pot and lock into place. Turn the pressure valve to “Sealing” and manually cook on HIGH for 45 minutes.
- Naturally release pressure (will take 15-20 minutes).
- Carefully remove the lid and remove the ribs from the pot with tongs.
- Optional: transfer cooked ribs to a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil and broil for 2-4 minutes.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce if desired.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.