This 5-Ingredient Neiman Marcus Dip, aka Million Dollar Dip, is a recipe that leaves everyone wanting more. And it takes just 5 minutes to make!
Raise your hand if you think it’s stressful planning a party or a menu that requires everything from appetizers to desserts. Yep, I agree (you can’t see me but my hand is in the air!).
My Neiman Marcus dip is going to make your tastebuds dance! Not only does it taste fantastic it’s super easy to make.
The only downside is your family and friends will expect you to prepare this tasty dip again and again and again. Be prepared for it to become a staple dish in your house, too.
What’s With the Recipe Name?
While I found this recipe in a community cookbook, a little research showed this version is a riff on a popular recipe created by Helen Corbitt. As the food service director for Neiman Marcus restaurants, she served her “Almond Bacon Cheese Spread” in the famed Zodiac Room.
I don’t know about you, but Neiman Marcus is out of my budget. Never mind the fact I live in a rural area without access to the swanky department store. Making it at home is the only option I have.
While this dip is great as a spread for crackers, it also an easy snack or lunch addition. There’s a reason many people also call it million dollar dip – it tastes like a million bucks!
Simple Ingredients Needed for Neiman Marcus Dip
REAL Bacon – You’ve got to use the real thing in this recipe! Here are a few options – cook bacon and crumble it, purchase pre-cooked bacon or bacon crumbles/pieces. Just don’t use those crunchy imitation bacon bits.
Mayonnaise – Just like the bacon, you’ve got to use real mayo. However, light mayonnaise works just fine. Please do not use Miracle Whip – it does not taste the same!
Almonds – swap out for pecans if that’s what you have on hand.
Hot Sauce – this is optional but I do add in a little Texas Pete for a nice kick.
Cheddar cheese – Use pre-shredded or you can shred your own.
How To Store
Store the dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Fair warning – I’ve never had leftovers beyond day 2.
Can You Add In Other Ingredients?
Of course! I’ve seen folks add bell peppers, jalapenos, extra hot sauce, red pepper flakes, or Everything Bagel seasoning. Swap out for other cheeses if you don’t have cheddar on hand.
Tips For Making
- You can eat this tasty snack right away, but I think it tastes best after the ingredients have had a chance to hang out together in the refrigerator. Chill it for an hour for optimum flavor.
- Serve with crackers (Ritz are my faves), hearty chips, tortilla chips or Fritos Scoops.
- If you’re feeling ambitious and have the time, toast the almonds for a few minutes in the oven. Toasting the nuts adds a little something extra to the flavor profile.
More serving options:
- As a burger topping – you’ll never settle for a plain old slice of cheese again.
- Stuff mushrooms & heat until the cheese has melted.
- Tortilla rollups – spread dip over tortillas, roll up, chill, and slice for a quick lunch or snack.
- Veggie dip – awesome with celery sticks, carrots and cucumber slices.
Other Easy Dip Recipes:
Neiman Marcus (Million Dollar Dip)
- 2-3 green onions, chopped
- 3 ounces real bacon bits
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 2-3 dashes hot sauce, optional
- Add all ingredients to a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Eat immediately or refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- For best results, use real mayo, not Miracle Whip. Lite mayo is fine too.
- Do not substitute fake bacon bits – use REAL bacon.
- Best served after it has chilled.
- Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.