Looking for an easy dinner? Need to make taco meat for a crowd? Or just want an easy meal prep recipe? This 3-ingredient Crockpot Taco Meat is the recipe you’re looking for.
My favorite go-to recipes are the ones that allow me to throw ingredients in a crockpot and carry on with my day. If a recipe requires a lot of prep, I’m out.
All you need are three ingredients and a little hands-off time in the slow cooker to make this flavorful taco ground beef. Add your favorite toppings and voila – dinner is ready!
Whether you’re making dinner for your family or feeding a crowd, my easy taco beef recipe will save you time and energy. This slow cooker recipe is one of the easiest recipes I have, which also makes it one of my favorites.
Our Favorite Ways to Use Taco Meat
If your family is anything like mine, you love a good Mexican recipe. I’m always on the hunt for simple, fast, and inexpensive ways to indulge our tastebuds.
Mexican food recipes tend to be easy on the budget because they utilize affordable proteins like chicken and ground beef. The simplest and most obvious way to use this cooked beef is tacos.
A Go-To Meal
With only three ingredients (plus water) and virtually no prep time, this is one of my go-to Mexican recipes. It’s super easy to prepare, requires limited ingredients and is budget friendly. And most importantly, my entire family will eat it (hooray for food the whole family will eat!).
I also use this recipe for meal prepping. Cooking your protein ahead of time is a lifesaver on busy nights. Prepare a double batch and you can stash a couple pounds of cooked meat in the freezer for future meals.
Ingredients for Crockpot Ground Beef Taco Meat
You probably have these ingredients on-hand:
- Ground beef – use lean (93-97%) ground beef so you don’t have to drain off any grease.
- Tomato sauce – use your favorite brand.
- Taco seasoning – use my homemade taco seasoning recipe or store bought packets.
How to Prepare Taco Meat in the Slow Cooker
Place the ground beef in the slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients. You thought I was kidding when I said this was a simple recipe, didn’t you?
Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or HIGH for 3-4 hours. While this recipe is mostly hands-off, you’ll want to break up the meat (I use this chopper for cooking ground meats) and give it a good stir every two hours.
If you want to reduce your clean-up time, be sure to use a disposable slow cooker liner.
What Can I Serve With This?
You’ll want to have all your favorite taco toppings and a few side dishes to round out the meal.
- Soft tortillas, taco shells or tortilla chips.
- Taco toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomato, radish slices, cheese, olives, sour cream, and guacamole are good choices.
- Serve with a side of rice or a quick pasta salad to round out the meal.
What to do with Leftovers?
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
If you don’t plan to use the leftover meat over the next few days, try freezing it. Place cooled meat in a zip top freezer bag (don’t forget to label it!), press the air out and toss it in the freezer for up to two months.
Thaw the meat overnight in the refrigerator. Reheat on the stove top and you’re ready to go. Easy peasy!
Other Recipes With Taco Meat
- Easy Cinco de Mayo Recipe Round-Up
- Better Than Takeout Taco Salad Recipe
- Homemade Taco Seasoning
- Easy Taco Soup
I’ve shared this recipe at these awesome online parties: Weekend Potluck.
Crockpot Taco Meat
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 8 ounces water
- 2 packets taco seasoning
- If you use 93% or 97% ground beef you shouldn’t need to drain any grease.
- Use a crockpot liner for easy cleanup.
- The cooked meat can be frozen. Place in zipper-top bags, label & date and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.