Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on a link and/or make a purchase, I may be paid a small commission at no additional cost to you. Additionally, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure page for more information.
Rudolph and all of the other reindeer love this delish snack mix. And I guarantee your family will love the unique sweet and spicy flavors in this easy Christmas chex mix recipe, too.
Reindeer Snack Mix ~ Sweet & Spicy Chex Mix
Can you believe Christmas is almost here? I love this time of year – the holiday music, spending time with family and all the yummy Christmas treats.
I also loooove a good snack mix! And this chex mix recipe, with a slightly sweet and spicy seasoning mix, does not disappoint.
The Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper give the mix a little kick, but it’s not too spicy. I think it has the perfect amount of heat to offset all of the holiday sweets we’re munching down this time of year.
This Christmas chex mix recipe is an ARM family favorite. In fact, we like it so much that I have to make a double or triple batch because it disappears in a flash.
One handful of this sweet and spicy Christmas snack mix just isn’t enough!
Reindeer Snack Mix is one of our all-time favorite snacks and we enjoy it year round. I love this easy snack mix recipe because it’s a little different than the usual chex mix.
The unusual combination of crunchy snacks paired with the sweet & spicy seasoning make for an addicting snack.
Plus it’s soooo easy to make!
I’m sharing my tried and true tips for making this yummy holiday snack. If you’re in a hurry, scroll to the bottom for the full recipe and a printable recipe card.
Ingredients in Reindeer Snack Mix:
- Crunchy stuff – you’ll use an assortment of snack items. This delicious snack mix contains cheese flavored snack crackers, pretzels, Bugles corn snacks, corn chex cereal and pecans.
- The tasty seasoning mixture contains a blend of butter, Worcestershire sauce, maple syrup, Cajun seasoning and a dash of cayenne pepper.
Tools You’ll Need to Make the Christmas Chex Mix Recipe:
- Bowls – a large one for the ingredients & a smaller one for the seasoning mix
- Large sheet pan
- Baking mat or parchment paper to line the sheet pan for easy clean-up.
How to Make this Delicious Holiday Snack:
The prep for this recipe is super simple! It only takes a few minutes to measure out the snack & seasoning ingredients.
Pour the seasoning mixture over the snack mix and stir gently to combine.
The baking takes a little babysitting, though, since you have to stir the mix every 15 minutes. But I promise it’s worth it!
Tips for Making This Sweet & Spicy Check Mix Recipe:
- The cayenne pepper adds just a wee bit of heat, but feel free to omit it if you’re not a fan of spicy food.
- Reindeer Snack Mix can be made several days in advance and stored in an air-tight canister.
- Measuring the dry ingredients is a great way to get your kids involved. They’ll love being Santa’s little helpers!
- Plan on making a double batch – this snack mix goes FAST!
- If you are making a double batch, I recommend baking on 2 pans to make sure the mix crisps up.
Grab a big bowl of Reindeer Snack Mix, get comfy on the couch and watch a Christmas movie with the family.
Do you have snacks you make every Christmas? Leave a comment below and let me know your favorite holiday snacks.
More Easy Snack Recipes You May Enjoy:
Reindeer Snack Mix ~ Sweet & Spicy Chex Mix Recipe
- 2 cups Bugles corn snacks
- 2 cups cheese flavored snack crackers
- 2 cups pretzel sticks
- 2 cups corn Chex cereal
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Line a 15x10x1 pan with a baking mat or parchment paper.
- Combine Bugles, cheese crackers, pretzel sticks, corn cereal and pecans in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine butter, maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce, Cajun seasoning and cayenne pepper. Pour over the cereal mixture & toss gently to coat.
- Transfer mixture to the prepared sheet pan and spread evenly across the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove mix to parchment paper or paper towels. Allow to cool completely.
- Store the cooled snack mix in an airtight container.
- When making a double batch, I recommend baking the mix on 2 pans so the mix crisps up.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy. We recommend verifying the nutritional information via independent sources.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.