Ready to try the viral TikTok Feta Tomato Pasta recipe? It’s easy enough to make on a weeknight and you can even make the pasta in the Instant Pot.
When TikTok started taking the world by storm, I have to admit I was a little out of the loop. In my opinion, I didn’t see the big deal. Until I found the recipes. That’s when I fell in love!
If you are new to the TikTok world, I can tell you it’s different than other social media platforms. To simplify, it’s short videos in all sorts of niches. Some are funny dances, others are crafts and life hacks. But as I mentioned, I’m hooked on the recipe ideas.
Unlike most pasta recipes that have a sauce, no stovetop is needed for this recipe (unless you want to cook your noodles that way). Lucky for you we are including the Instant Pot instructions on how to cook the pasta as well.
Typically the Instant Pot saves time. For this recipe, I don’t see a big difference over cooking the pasta on the stovetop. But with the pressure cooker you don’t have to watch the pot or worry about it boiling over, so that’s a win in my book.
Curious as to what other good recipe inspiration came from TikTok? Check out my favorites below:
What’s All the Hype about Tik Tok Feta Pasta?
To be totally honest, I am not exactly sure. Don’t get me wrong, it tastes delicious and it’s super simple to make but hey, so are my homemade Sloppy Joes, and they haven’t gone viral….yet.
The original recipe originates back to a blogger from Finland, who told a news source the recipe was so popular they were actually running out of Feta cheese! Can you imagine?
This just happens to be a dish that the world fell in love with so after a couple of million hashtags, tweets, and tags here we are.
Ingredients for Feta Tomato Pasta
Tomatoes – we are using cherry tomatoes. Don’t worry if you have some that are a little soft or wilted, they’ll work just fine here.
Feta Cheese – try to find a brick of feta versus crumbles. The crumbles will taste the same but don’t give the same melty effect the brick gives.
Spices: Italian Seasoning, salt, pepper, crushed red pepper, minced garlic
Olive Oil – You can use regular or extra virgin
Pasta – we use spaghetti but you can use your favorite. Bowtie works well and looks fancy when you are entertaining.
Basil leaves – these are optional but are great for garnish!
How To Make the Viral TikTok Feta Tomato Pasta
Start by preheating your oven. Add the tomatoes to a large casserole dish, followed by the minced garlic and olive oil. Store gently to coat the tomatoes.
Place the feta brick in the middle and spread the tomatoes around. Add the remaining oil and spices.
Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit, uncovered, for about 30 minutes.
While the tomatoes are baking, start cooking your pasta. You can boil the noodles on the stovetop (follow the instructions on the box) or follow the instructions below to make pasta in your Instant Pot.
Once the feta tomato mix is done, add to the drained pasta, stir together and serve.
How To Cook the Noodles in the Instant Pot
Add your pasta to the inner pot and cover the noodles with cold water. Secure the top onto the pressure cooker, turn the valve to the Sealing position and cook on High pressure for 6 minutes.
Once the timer goes off, perform a quick release and drain the pasta.
Tips for Making
- Use Palmini noodles in place of pasta for a low-carb option.
- Use Banza pasta for a gluten-free option.
- If you don’t have fresh minced garlic, store-bought minced garlic will do the trick.
How To Store
Once the dish has completely cooled, store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
More Pasta Recipes You Will Love
- Homemade Panera Broccoli Cheddar Mac & Cheese
- Rustic Italian Tortellini Soup
- Zesty Pasta Salad
- My Favorite Pasta Salad
- Easy Cheesy Penne Pasta Bake
Feta Tomato Pasta
- 20 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 10.5 ounces feta cheese brick
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes, optional
- 10 ounces pasta, (spaghetti, bowtie, penne, linguine)
- Optional basil leaves for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place tomatoes in a 13 x 9 casserole dish. Add garlic and 2 tablespoons of oil. Stir to coat the tomatoes.
- Place the brick of feta in center of tomatoes. Top with spices and drizzle with remaining oil.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- While the tomato and feta is baking, cook the pasta. If using the Instant Pot, add the pasta and cover with water. Seal the lid and turn the pressure valve to “Sealing”. Cook on High pressure for 6 minutes. Manually release pressure when done and drain the cooking water.
- When feta mixture is done, stir the tomatoes and feta until a creamy sauce forms. Pour over drained pasta and serve with garnish, if desired.
- Pasta can be cooked on the stovetop if preferred. Just follow the directions on the box.
- Substitute Palmini noodles for a low carb option.
- Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.