Calling all my lemon lovers – today’s recipe is for you! This Lemonade Pie recipe is a quintessential summer dessert. A classic sweet treat in many homes and a delicious choice for your next weekend barbecue or family dinner.
The bright citrus flavor takes center stage in this easy no bake dessert. And the tart lemon flavor keeps the filling from being overly sweet.
For those blistering days when the thermometer is pushing the limits, you can even serve this pie frozen. It’s a tasty way to cool off.
Lemonade Pie Recipe
I’ve enjoyed many slices of pie in my lifetime, but none is as truly light and refreshing as this no bake lemonade pie. It’s a classic, that when mentioned, everyone recognizes.
We’ve all seen this served up at summer barbecues, church potlucks and after Sunday dinner with the family.
If you’ve never made a lemonade pie using sweetened condensed milk, then now is the time!
It’s a super fast and easy dessert that anyone can make. And everyone loves. Just sayin!
What is the Best Crust for a No Bake Pie?
This is a perfect pie to serve inside a homemade Graham cracker crust. The creamy lemon filling pairs well with the simple graham cracker base. And a homemade crust is easy to prepare and takes this yummy dessert to the next level.
If you’re short on time, use a store bought crust from the grocery store. No judgement here.
Other crust options include using shortbread cookies, gingersnaps, lemon sandwich cookies, or even a sugar cookie base. If making these cookie options from scratch, be sure to bake them prior to making the pie.
Or you can make this with a regular baked pie crust. And while the regular crust works, the classic Graham cracker crust is my fave.
Does this No Bake Lemon Pie Need to Be Frozen?
Freezing is not required but don’t rule it out. Frozen lemonade pie is pretty terrific though, especially on hot summer days.
Refrigerating it for 4-6 hours is plenty of time for it to set up properly and be ready to serve.
Can I Make This Ahead of Time?
This lemonade pie recipe is good for 3-4 days in the refrigerator. So, you can easily make it the day before you plan to eat it. But keep in mind the pie is ideal the first 1-2 days.
If you need to make your no bake lemon pie further in advance of an event, I recommend preparing the pie as directed and storing it in the freezer. Make sure you wrap it securely with plastic wrap first.
You can store it in the freezer for up to 4 months when properly wrapped. If you are freezing an entire pie, I recommend holding off on the decorating until the day you are serving.
How to Make Lemon Ice Box Pie
Scroll to the bottom for the full recipe – including quantities, instructions and a printable recipe card.
- Prepare the crust – make this easy homemade graham cracker crust or purchase a ready made crust from the store.
- Combine the sweetened condensed milk, lemonade concentrate and zest in a large bowl.
- Add the whipped topping and fold in gently with a spatula or wooden spoon. Use a light hand to keep the filling light and fluffy.
- Pour into the prepared crust and chill in the refrigerator.
Variations of the Icebox Pie
If you want to mix things up a bit, there are a few other variations that are delicious. Below you’ll find some ideas to make this same pie with slightly different results.
- Use a different frozen juice in place of lemonade. Pink lemonade, limeade, orange juice, mango juice, or even a virgin pina colada base are all tasty options.
- Mix in drained fruit like mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple or cherries.
- Decorate with candied lemon pieces and additional whipped cream.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar together to create a cheesecake-like layer. Top the crust with the cheesecake layer before adding the lemonade filling.
- For a fancier presentation, assemble the pies in individual serving dishes. Garnish with fresh berries. It’s a little more work but fun for a special event.
How Long is This Pie Good?
If you have leftover pie, store it in the refrigerator. I recommend eating it within 3-4 days. Beyond that point, the pie filling may start breaking down and the crust gets a little soft.
For longer storage I like to use the freezer. Simply slice the remaining pie, wrap the pieces individually in plastic wrap, label and store in the freezer. Take out a slice or two as needed.
Lemonade Pie Recipe (No Bake, 4 Ingredients)
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk, (1 can)
- ¾ cup frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed, from a 12 oz can
- 8 oz whipped topping, thawed
- 1.5 tsp Zest from 1 lemon, about 1 ½ teaspoons (optional)
- 1 graham cracker crust
- In a large bowl, stir sweetened condensed milk, lemonade concentrate and zest until well combined.
- Gently fold in whipped topping.
- Pour filling mixture into the prepared graham cracker crust.
- Chill in refrigerator for 6 hours or overnight.
- Pie can be served frozen.
- Store leftover pie in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days.
- If freezing leftover pie, securely wrap individual slices with plastic wrap and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy using an online calculator and should be considered an estimate. We recommend verifying the information independently.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.