Pantry staples & a handful of fresh produce items are all you need to prepare this healthy 6-Ingredient Fiesta Salad recipe. Serve this simple dish at your next cookout, party or picnic.
6-Ingredient Fiesta Salad Recipe
Now that summer (and the heat!) has officially arrived, I’m all about making dishes that don’t require turning on the oven or stovetop.
In addition to not wanting to heat the house up, I am always looking for ways to reduce the amount of time I spend in the kitchen.
Enter the 6-Ingredient Fiesta Salad. This has to be one of the EASIEST recipes ever! Open a couple cans, chop a few veggies. It’s that easy.
I love this recipe because it uses basic ingredients I typically have on hand.
And the absence of mayo means this healthy side dish is perfect for your warm weather cookouts and parties.
Budget friendly and bursting with flavor, 6-Ingredient Fiesta Salad satisfies on all levels.
Prepare Fiesta Salad for your next cookout, tailgate party or any time you need a side dish FAST.
Ingredients to Make Corn & Black Bean Salad
You most likely have all the ingredients on hand, making this an easy dish to toss together at the last minute. At a cost of about $3, the 6-Ingredient Fiesta Salad is easy on your wallet without sacrificing flavor.
- Canned corn & black beans serve as the base of the healthy salad.
- Chopped tomato, red pepper and red onion brighten up the flavors.
- Finish with prepared Italian salad dressing.
How to Prepare & Serve Fiesta Salad
You’re gonna love this part – no cooking. None!
And you only need 10 minutes from start to finish to prepare a bowlful of goodness.
Open a couple cans, chop a few veggies, add the dressing. It’s that easy!
This versatile corn and black bean salad recipe can be served in a multitude of ways.
Serve a bowl with tortilla or corn chips as an appetizer at your next cookout or tailgate party.
It’s also an easy side dish for dinner or a cookout. And it’s always a hit at tailgate parties.
I’ve also placed a scoop of veggie salad on a bed of lettuce for a tasty main dish salad.
Sometimes the right tools can make or break your cooking experience. These are the tools I used to make quick work of this recipe:
*** Pin the Fiesta Salad recipe for later ***
Recipe slightly adapted from Butter Yum.
Originally published on 6/22/16, the content and photos were updated on 9/4/19.
More Easy Side Dishes You May Enjoy:
6-Ingredient Fiesta Salad
- 15 ounce can sweet corn,, drained
- 15 ounce can black beans,, rinsed & drained
- 1 small tomato,, chopped
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup Italian dressing
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Using a medium-sized bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Season with salt & pepper if desired.
- Chill for 30 minutes to let the flavors develop. Can also be served immediately if you need something FAST.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Substitute a handful of halved cherry tomatoes for the diced tomato.
- Serve with tortilla or corn chips.
- Nutritional information is provided as a reference only.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.