This One Pan Italian Chicken Potato Green Bean Bake is your answer to a quick, easy and delicious weeknight meal. Ready in one hour and clean up is such a breeze!
I don’t know about you but I love making dinners that are quick and easy. Not to mention the ones that only require 1 dish or pan, because guess what? Fewer dishes for me to clean up!
My Chicken Potato Green Bean Bake is full of flavor and requires hardly any prep work. The Italian dressing seasoning gives the perfect tangy flavor without being overpowering.
Italian Chicken with Potatoes & Green Beans
This dish has been in my recipe bank for YEARS and we cook it on a monthly basis. My whole family loves it and always comes back for seconds.
Chances are you won’t have many leftovers. But if you do have leftovers, chicken, potatoes, and green beans makes for a balanced lunch the next day. And it reheats well.
If you find yourself wondering what to cook and need more easy weeknight dinners, I highly recommend you check out these 15 Easy Recipes that use Canned Chicken! Can’t get much easier than that right??
I’m answering common questions and sharing tips to ensure you get the best results with this recipe. If you don’t need the tips, simply scroll to the bottom for the printable recipe card, complete with ingredient quantities and directions.
Italian Dressing Mix – This is not the bottle of Italian dressing, but rather the dry mix. You’ll find the seasoning mix in the salad dressing aisle at the grocery store. You can buy single packets or a box – either way you just need one packet for this recipe.
Chicken Breast – Two pounds of boneless skinless breasts and this usually equals about 4-6 pieces depending on the size.
Green Beans – I recommend fresh or frozen, but you can always substitute 1-2 cans if that’s what you have on hand. If you go over the recommended 12 ounces, it’s okay. It will still taste delicious.
Potatoes – My favorite potatoes to use in this dish are the fingerlings from Costco. If I don’t have them on hand, I use small red potatoes.
Butter – This is to drizzle over the seasoning. Yummmm, everything’s better with butter!
Tips for Making Chicken with Green Beans & Potatoes
- I typically use a 9×13 casserole dish lightly sprayed with nonstick cooking spray or something similar. If you are carrying this dish to an event, I cannot say enough good things about this casserole carrier! It’s amazing and keeps your food hot until ready to serve.
- You can also use a cookie sheet and prepare it more like a sheet pan meal.
- If you are a cheese lover, feel free to top the finished meal with a sprinkling of parmesan or shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Don’t worry if you’ve eyeballed your veggies. This recipe doesn’t have to be measured perfectly. Which is another reason why it is one of my favorites!
- Sometimes chicken breasts can vary in thickness. You may want to cut them in half if they are really big. Just to be on the safe side make sure the internal chicken temperature reads 165 degrees before serving (I have this thermometer). If you have to cook it a little longer and the dish starts to brown quickly, you can recover with aluminum foil.
How To Store
Store your leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to four days. Chicken Potato Green Bean Bake makes a great leftover lunch. And reheating leftovers in the microwave works just fine.
If you are into meal prepping, this dish can be prepared ahead of time for a wholesome meal.
Can I Sub Other Vegetables?
Yes! This recipe is one of those that does not have to be exact. By all means swap out with your favorite hearty veggies like onions, brussels sprouts or broccoli.
What Should I Serve With This Easy Dinner?
With this meal already containing chicken, green beans, and potatoes the dinner doesn’t require much else. I personally serve it with a small side salad topped with my yummy creamy house dressing and rolls.
Other Chicken Recipes that are fantastic and easy:
- Easy Chicken Spaghetti
- Chicken Tinga Tostadas
- How To Make Easy Meal Prep Chicken
- Italian Grilled Chicken
- Chicken Cobb Salad
- Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken
- Copycat Chipotle Chicken Bowl
- Instant Pot Chicken Thighs and Rice
Italian Chicken Potato Green Bean Bake
- 4-6 pieces raw chicken breast , (about 2 pounds)
- 12 oz fresh or frozen green beans
- 1 1/2 lbs potatoes, cubed (about 6-8 medium reds)
- 1/2 stick butter, 4 tablespoons, melted
- 1 packet Italian Dressing Mix, dry
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Arrange chicken, green beans & potatoes in greased casserole dish.
- Sprinkle dressing mix over chicken, beans & potatoes.
- Drizzle with melted butter.
- Cover with foil and bake for 50 minutes. Remove foil & bake for another 10 minutes to brown the chicken.
- Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Other hearty vegetables can be substituted if desired.
- Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying this information independently.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.