Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on a link and/or make a purchase, I may be paid a small commission at no additional cost to you. Additionally, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure page for more information.
Air Fryer Turkey Legs are tender and juicy on the inside, crispy on the outside and are ready in just 30 minutes! They make a delicious and easy weeknight meal.
I’m guessing turkey legs aren’t something you cook on a routine basis. Most of the time when I think about these, county fairs and Thanksgiving dinner come to mind first. While I love them, sometime I just don’t remember to make them.
But I actually had a craving the other week and decided I would try making turkey legs in the air fryer. And they were so tasty.
So I will not be forgetting to make these delicious turkey drumsticks anytime soon. I guess my mind was on fair food, because I also whipped up some Mexican Street Corn.
Most local grocery stores have turkey legs in stock year round. You can find them in the poultry section, usually in packages of two or three.
These would also be great served with an easy sausage stuffing recipe for a smaller holiday dinner. Or if your kids only eat the drumsticks and you have more kids than legs on a turkey (just me?).
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Ingredients Needed for Air Fried Turkey Legs
- turkey legs
- spray oil
Homemade Asada Seasoning Ingredients:
- chili powder
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- cayenne powder
- black pepper
How to Make Air Fryer Turkey Legs
Combine all of the seasonings in a small bowl while the air fryer preheats to 380 degrees F.
Rinse and pat dry the turkey legs.
Coat the legs in the seasoning mixture so they are covered evenly.
Air fry for 20 minutes (or until the internal temperature is 165 degrees F), flipping the legs at the halfway mark. Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
Remove from air fryer and allow them to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
Tips for Making
- When you are shopping for turkey legs, make sure they will fit in your air fryer basket.
- Make sure to pat the turkey legs completely dry. This is what helps the skin to get extra crispy.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket – leave room for air to circulate between the pieces.
- Depending on your air fryer model, you may need to cook in batches.
- To fit more turkey legs in the basket, alternate the direction the bones are facing.
- Cook times may vary a bit due to the size of the turkey legs. Just check the internal temperature before serving.
How to Store Leftover Drumsticks
Store leftovers in the frig in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Reheat in the air fryer for 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees F, stirring at the halfway point.
Use up leftovers by shredding the turkey meat for soup, turkey pies or turkey salad.
Best Side Dishes for Turkey Legs
We love serving this meal with Country Style Potato Salad or Classic Green Bean Casserole. Since the cooked legs have to rest for 10 minutes, you can use your air fryer again to make a quick batch of kale chips or frozen tater tots.
Can You Cook Frozen Turkey Legs in the Air Fryer?
If you are referring to store bought, yes you can. However, if you want to make your own using my seasoning, be sure to thaw them out first. This enables you to dry the legs so the seasoning will stick and the skin gets crispy.
Main Course Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Turkey Legs
- 2 turkey legs
- Preheat air fryer to 380 degrees F.
- Make asada blend by placing all seasoning ingredients in a small bowl and stirring to combine. Set aside.
- Rinse turkey legs and pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the turkey legs with the asada seasoning, making sure they are evenly coated.
- Lightly spray the air fryer basket with oil or use a parchment liner. Place turkey legs in the air fryer basket and spritz them with oil.
- Cook for 10 minutes, turn and continue cooking for 10 more minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165° F at the thickest part of the meat (use a meat thermometer).
- Remove drumsticks from air fryer and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Make sure the turkey legs you buy will fit in your air fryer basket.
- You may need to cook the legs one at a time if you have a smaller fryer basket.
- Cook times may vary based on the size of the turkey legs. Just make sure the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 2-3 days. To reheat in the air fryer: cook at 350 degrees F for 7-8 minutes, turning at the halfway point.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.