Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. When you click on a link and/or make a purchase, I may be paid a small commission at no additional cost to you. Additionally, as an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Please read my Disclosure page for more information.
Looking for an easy crostini appetizer? This Cranberry Crostini Recipe with cream cheese is festive, easy to make, and perfect for the holiday season.
Raise your hand if you love a good appetizer. Sometimes I could skip the main course and just fill up on party appetizers.
And cranberry crostini is one of my favorites! Much like pumpkins, cranberries are a quintessential Fall and Winter season food.
A crostini technically means toasted bread in Italian but it sure does look and sound fancy. When you are prepping for a big party the last thing you need is a complex recipe or menu. But you want it to look good, right?!
No one needs to know cranberry crostini with cream cheese comes together in just 20 minutes. And that includes the prep work!
I know you’ve probably seen Brie cheese used here, but I like to change things up by using cream cheese. It’s easy to find and friendly on the wallet.
As we are approaching the holiday season be sure to check out these posts for more holiday recipes and helpful tips.
- 42 Delicious, Easy Thanksgiving Side Dishes You’ve Got to Try
- 27 Easy Thanksgiving Appetizers
- 40 Mouth-Watering Thanksgiving Leftovers Recipes the Whole Family Will Love
- 14 Tips for a Stress-Free Thanksgiving Dinner
Enter your email & I’ll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
Ingredients for Cranberry Crostini Recipe
Baguette – you can use a French or Italian loaf
Butter – you are going to mix this with the honey, so it needs to be softened
Cream cheese – will need to soften
Cranberry sauce – ditch the jellied cranberry sauce and go for one that has whole berries in it. It truly makes a difference! You can also check out my easy homemade cranberry sauce and use it instead of store-bought.
Lime zest – it’s optional but adds a bright flavor profile to the dish. Use a microplane zester for best results.
How to Make Cream Cheese Cranberry Crostini
Use a serrated knife to slice the bread into 2-inch slices Then place the slices on the baking sheet.
Whisk together the butter and honey in a small mixing bowl until it’s smooth.
Spread the honey mixture on the baguette slices.
Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Spread the cream cheese on top, making sure it’s softened so it spreads easily.
Top with cranberry sauce and finish with a dash of lime zest.
What Cheese Pairs Well with Cranberry?
Traditionally soft cheeses pair well with cranberries. The most common cheeses are Havarti, Brie, and cream cheese. You want to use a milder cheese so the flavors balance out and it doesn’t overpower the other ingredients.
Tips for Making
- Substitute goat cheese for the cream cheese if preferred.
- If you’ve got access to lingonberry sauce (thank you Ikea!) swap it for the cranberry sauce. Soooo good!
- Use my easy homemade cranberry sauce in place of store-bought.
- This recipe works best with whole berry sauce rather than the jellied style sauce.
- Cranberry crostini is best served immediately.
More Easy Appetizer Recipes:
- The BEST Classic Cheese Ball Recipe
- Neiman Marcus Dip (Million Dollar Dip)
- Fluffy Marshmallow Cream Cheese Fruit Dip
- Reindeer Snack Mix ~ Sweet & Spicy Chex Mix Recipe
- Salty Sweet Fall Harvest Snack Mix
Cranberry Crostini Recipe
- 1 baguette
- 3 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- Lime zest, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a baking mat.
- Cut the baguette into 2-inch thick slices. Place slices on the baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the butter and honey until well-combined and smooth.
- Spread the honey-butter on the baguette slices. Bake until tops are lightly golden brown, about 8-10 minutes. Remove tray from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Spread the softened cream cheese on the baguette slices. Top with a teaspoon of cranberry sauce. Finish with lime zest, if using.
- Serve immediately.
- Recipe works best with whole berry cranberry sauce. Can also use my Easy Cranberry Sauce.
- Substitute goat cheese for cream cheese if desired.
- Can replace cranberries with lingonberry sauce.
Nutritional information is provided as a reference, using an online calculator. We recommend verifying the information independently for accuracy.